PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
So this year has been pretty terrible, and this christmas season is getting worse. Health issues with the mother and the grandparents (who are out of state) are really starting to weigh on the season.
I want to try and cheer myself up with some new tobacco. So my question to you all is, when things are going badly, what tobacco (if any) do you gravitate towards?

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Sorry to hear you're having some bad issues this holiday season. Hope things get better in the new year. When I'm looking to smoke something to put me in a better mood, I choose one of my favorites...John Cotton's Smyrna or Molto Dolce. A new blend might not put me in a good mood.

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
I'm still learning what I like, so looking at other peoples recommendations usually helps me pick something. Even if I don't like it, just knowing I tried it usually puts a smile on my face.

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
I would love a new pipe, however my budget is a bit small for that (thanks christmas!) so I'm going to try out the tobacco route and see what that gets me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most blends I smoke lift my mood along with the break it takes to smoke them. For instant leaf-happiness, some burley or something with burley usually does the trick, for example, right now, Semois medium cut. Or C&D Riverboat Gambler. Or D&R Two Timer. But English, Va or Va/Per, and others can do the trick.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I have been most recently surprised by the now defunct Dunhill Dark Flake. It's still around. I smoked that tin to the bottom without interruption. Also Solani ABF if you can find it. Honestly, the tobacco best pick me up for me is to lay off for 3 days. The next bowl is always awesome!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
This was the Year of Hell for me, so I ordered a big tin of Chelsea Morning, Molta dolce, and Blood Red Moon.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Cornell and Diehl Pirate Kake while watching the 1st Pirates of the Carribean or Peretti’s 432 (some say it is Lane 1-Q) while walking my dog. I guess I have only smoked those when I am in a good mood. Also C&D Mountain Camp is the only tin I ever take up when I go camping. I will pray that life takes a turn for the better for you!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
If I ever need to feel refreshed with a smoke, its Lane RLP-6. Its the first blend i ever smoked. I still revisit it about once a month.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I’m with Sparrowhawk, Chelsea Morning, at least if you enjoy Latakia.
Best enjoyed if you can grab an hour of quiet solitude and a nice, slow cadence. Soothes the soul.
Here’s to wishing you some peace in the midst of the burdens, I know that road and sooner or later we all have to walk it.
Ren

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
All the best wishes for you and your family during these trying times. Smoke an old favorite, one that never let you down. I find Samuel Gawith Grousemoor to be a real comfort smoke. But I'm sure I'm the only one. :puffy:

mitch11

Lurker
Nov 18, 2018
i was in a similar situation as you last holiday season. By coincidence that’s when i bought my first pipe and converted from cigars. I’ve since found English blends comforting but i think the “alone time” to gather your thoughts is what’s most important. A nice glass of whisky certainly doesn’t hurt either!

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
I'm finding I like english.
I'm really enjoying Maltese Falcon, and I'm going to be incredibly sad if it doesn't come back regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.