New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rented this while on vacation. The cinematography was excellent, but not what I expected. I was hoping for more diversity than just the story of a couple of pipemakers. I mean, I really liked the pipemakers, but... it was at least nice that they made a movie about pipemakers in general, but as far as feeling like I got a whole story of something, it lacked... for me.
I hope everyone else goes into this with less expectations and find more enjoyment in it.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I’m going to take Cosmic’s advice, lower my expectations a bit and then I’ll hopefully be surprised. I do intend to watch it.

Glad you posted this thread as I’d heard about but it’d slipped off my radar.
Did you two kiss and make up?

• Haha
Reactions: diamondback

Seeker81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2019
I thought it was pretty good for a documentary. It was 7 years in the making. I imagine it was a lot they couldn't put in it to keep it short enough. Guessing that's why they're doing the mini episodes.
Seven years in the making... brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing this. Can anyone recommend any other movies like this?

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Father the Flame has their first mini episode on YouTube. I think it suppose to be all the extra scenes they had to cut out of the original documentary.
Very cool, thanks for the info. Finally got around to watching the full doc yesterday, so I will be checking out the minis for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.