Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Pancakes! Made some custom pancakes for the family for Shrove Tuesday, I asked them what kind of pancakes they wanted and then made them, Banana with whipped cream and syrup for my wife, crispy cheddar with green grapes on top for my son, and a broccoli and cheese pancake with a runny-yolk over easy egg on top for my daughter. A little tipple and snack for myself before the start of the season of bright sadness.

20210216_175926.jpg

20210216_181659.jpg

20210216_223500.jpg

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
The food looks great to me. I'd leave the Johnny Walker alone though. I just can't get the hang of it, I'd take a much less expensive bottle of Irish Mist or some sort of Irish whisky or Rye. My taste buds must be screwed up. JW, black or red labels just leave me wanting something different. I don't know why.
Thnx for the great photos and the great reminder of this, "season of bright sadness" (well put!)
kindly
mike

Reactions: canucklehead

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
The food looks great to me. I'd leave the Johnny Walker alone though. I just can't get the hang of it, I'd take a much less expensive bottle of Irish Mist or some sort of Irish whisky or Rye. My taste buds must be screwed up. JW, black or red labels just leave me wanting something different. I don't know why.
Thnx for the great photos and the great reminder of this, "season of bright sadness" (well put!)
kindly
mike
The Johnnie Walker isn't my first choice in whiskey, but I don't mind it. TBH, I bought it because it was on sale for a much lower price than normal, and I haven't had it in years. My personal favourite is Gibson's.

Screenshot_20210217-020154_Google.jpg

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I wish I had a king cake, or some paczkis..
I would like to someday visit the southern US and eat tons of ridiculously calorie dense comfort foods and regional delicacies. So far in the US I've only been to Washington for cross border shopping, Arizona on the way to Mexico, and a couple annoying AF California airports.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
In Detroit, Fat Tuesday is generally known as Paczki Day. (This must be an older picture, 'cause Detroit got 9 inches of snow Monday night and Tuesday morning.) I would venture to say that the same is true in other industrial cities with a substantial Polish or Polish descended population.
Paczki-Day-in-Metro-Detroit-Dorsey-Culinary-Academy-1-1.jpg

PaczkiMania-108.0.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Pancakes! Made some custom pancakes for the family for Shrove Tuesday, I asked them what kind of pancakes they wanted and then made them, Banana with whipped cream and syrup for my wife, crispy cheddar with green grapes on top for my son, and a broccoli and cheese pancake with a runny-yolk over easy egg on top for my daughter. A little tipple and snack for myself before the start of the season of bright sadness.

View attachment 66568

View attachment 66569

View attachment 66570
I'll take two of the broccoli and cheese with the fried egg please. I'll PM my address to you.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I would like to someday visit the southern US and eat tons of ridiculously calorie dense comfort foods and regional delicacies. So far in the US I've only been to Washington for cross border shopping, Arizona on the way to Mexico, and a couple annoying AF California airports.

My wife is from Mobile, AL. They have parades every night during Mardi Gras, and everyone down there has family celebrations with traditional Mardi Gras Food... Like Gumbo and king cake. Its a good time for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.