PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I’m new around here, and I generally hate making statements such as these, but I want to get the word out that, as far as we know right now, farmer’s markets will still operate in some fashion or another during the outbreak, as the USDA as said that the markets are an essential element in the nation’s food supply. A lot of farmers are also considering starting delivery services for those who don’t want to go out. We’re trying out a drive-thru market this weekend!

Many farmers, my employer included (and it’s just the two of us), rely on sales at farmer’s markets to survive, and without those sales many small farms, including ours, will fold.

With everyone’s heightened awareness of spreading the virus, buying local means that your food has travelled less and has been handled far fewer times than the stuff at the grocery store.

If you have a market in your area, please consider supporting it if you don’t already!

Thanks for reading, too. I want to spread the word that we’ll still be there to feed you guys and your families.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Great to know man. I figured coming into spring and summer we should be a lot better with all the fresh fruits and veggies!

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.