PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Before the last episode began my son, Sam, and I were discussing who was going to die tonight.
I made bank on Bokeem Woodbine's superb Mike Milligan, Cristin Milloti's Beth Solverson and Zahn McClarnon's Hanzee Dent going down in flames. So, I'm batting .000, which is pretty damned bad any way you want to see it. Zero for three? I suck.
The Gerhardts went down in flames last week. No surprise. I expected as much.
Obviously, Beth dies soon. Ted Danson's Hank Larsson won't be for behind and I can't wait to see where Season Three takes us.
Thank you, Fargo/FX. That's quality programming. (You guys make me think outside the box.)
Fnord

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Without a doubt, the best show of 2015.
The soundtrack continually made me smile this season. I can't say that I remember the music in Season 1 (although it was quite foreboding). When they opened with War Pigs last night, to my wife's dismay, I had to sing along.
I did expect Mike M. to go down. It looks like he went to his own special hell.
I thought Hanzee would get the axe, but it looks like that happened in Season 1! (I had a read a review to get this).

http://fargo.wikia.com/wiki/Moses_Tripoli
They certainly left a lot of loose ends for Season 3, I can't wait!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Holy hell, Al.
That's just brilliant about Hanzee. I never made the connection. Just assumed he was some criminal jag-off from the Dakotas last year.
I've been scouring the fan-boy columns this evening and several posters made reference to the two kids playing catch in the park during last night's final moments. (One was deaf and they used sign language, right?) Our last shot of Hanzee is him charging the field pulling his sheath knife. Now, go back to Season One and the two hitters out of Fargo. Remember Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers? Maybe? Well, why the hell not?
As Alan Sepinwall said, "It's the Fargouniverse."
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-fargo-sticks-the-season-2-landing-with-palindrome
Man, it's been a short ten weeks. What fresh hell will Season Three bring?
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.