PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
I know theres countless historical figures who enjoyed pipes, but Do you know of any current celebrities or living notable public figures that are pipe smokers. I saw an old clip of Arnold Schwarzenegger speaking about cigars and was curious if theres anyone famous whos a pipe smoker? just a random thought that hit me today.

One and done?
It wouldn't be fair of me to post a billion celebrities, as I have read through about a hundred pages of posts in the dozen threads on this, ha ha.
What? Not famous? Mad Men has to be about one of the most watched series out there, surpassed maybe by Game of Thrones... and this guy is also a pipesmoker. 4390

And, if you don't know who this is, then you probably have been under a rock for a decade.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bet there are quite a few, but most are too cagey to take up the debate about being a role model for children and leading others astray. Also, I am continually reminded of how fragmented the concept of fame and celebrity is. I regularly hear interviews with "famous people" describing their long and illustrious careers whom I have never heard of. The interviewers have done their homework and speak as if their subjects are household names, but 90% of the time, I've never heard of them, and I don't live in a cave. Various genres of music, film, TV series, and other career niches produce these long august biographies, but people outside those bubbles don't know these people from the Amazon delivery folks. I'm famous ... to my wife and cats. And I smoke a pipe.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden