PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
When I saw the title I was hoping it was by Fred. Always enjoy his work. I do miss hardwood forests in autumn. Lots of evergreens where I am, actually get greener in fall as the rain washes the summer dust off.

I'd like to think some hermit downstream found his pipe, thinking it was a gift from the mountain, and it has an appreciative home now.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
A nice pipe is the cornerstone of any part of the day, any season. But during the cold seasons it's especially nice to light them up. It's nice to hold the warm pipe and breathe this cold, dry and crisp air full of oxygen.
All the thick clouds of smoke just fit into the general picture of autumn nature. Imagine the great taste, smell, craftsmanship and history that goes off with them and you got yourself one cozy picture.

My blood is too thick for the hot sun, a little heat from a chamber contained ember is good enough.
And you can always give the chimney a little blow to have some glowing ash fall.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :sher:

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. Starting to transition over now from my "hot weather" tobaccos -- primarily Virginias and VaPers -- to the blends that I enjoy smoking most this time of year: Scottish, English and dark fired Kentucky. (Not that I don't smoke all these to one degree or another all year long, but some blends just seem more suited to certain times of the year, or certain times of the day...)

Reactions: bluegrassbrian

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. Starting to transition over now from my "hot weather" tobaccos -- primarily Virginias and VaPers -- to the blends that I enjoy smoking most this time of year: Scottish, English and dark fired Kentucky. (Not that I don't smoke all these to one degree or another all year long, but some blends just seem more suited to certain times of the year, or certain times of the day...)
No latakia for me, but cooler weather does make me crave the flavor of DFK.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
No latakia for me, but cooler weather does make me crave the flavor of DFK.
Old Dark Fired is great anytime of year -- one of my favorite blends (if not my single absolute favorite) and can be enjoyed Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter. It's my preferred "go to" evening smoke, especially...