PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
A cure for PAD/TAD is not to buy pipes and/or tobacco and have them sent somewhere half way around the world that you won't have access to for a while :) I ordered a couple of cheaper pipes off of smokingpipes.com and they came in today! Just opened them and everything is looks great. Also, they got it here in just over a week, which is pretty good. I ordered a few Mac Baren blends so I'm trying to decide what to try first: burley or virginia
P.S. there isn't enough light for pics so I'll try to get those tomorrow.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Yup. I won't be taking nearly all of them back with me though. Too many things get lost or destroyed for me to feel comfortable with having some of the more expensive stuff out here. I'll definitely have a good rotation though :)

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
As promised:

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

The top is a savinelli and the bottom is a...well, I don't remember the brand off the top of my head and it's not worth me getting out of bed to check on right now :) They both smoke very well but I'd say the save smokes better as of right now. I dumped nothing but ash when I was done whereas there was still just a little bit of tobacco still in the other when I dumped it.

I also got this:

IMG_0049.jpg

I had seen that on smokingpipes.com and it just kept calling to me. It's such an odd little piece that I thought maybe if it stayed on the site too long they'd do like at the dog pound and euthanize it. And I couldn't have that so I'm dubbing it my rescue pipe :) It's a very odd little pipe but I think I'm going to like it. It's a Vauen.

francois1

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2011
I recently got a vauen pipe from the same supplyer it was a discount price

and is defenately my best buy very similar to my peterson army i would recomend

a vauen pipe truly a great pipe to smoke

david

(the highland of scotland)

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
The middle one is a Neerup BTW (that's not what is written on the leather pouch though). Just smoked another half bowl of the Mac Baren's Viginia and took it down to nothing but ash with no relights. That made me happy. What will make me happier is that after 1 more half bowl I'm gonna consider it broken in and start really smoking it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.