PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I have few estate pipes of which finish have somewhat faded, here I bring to Your attention BBB Best make and Dunhill Root
My question is how I should proceed further in order to get more or less factory like stain established, I'm not that interested in high gloss finish but I'd rather love seeing these pipes with deeper more vivid colors, shall I sent em to repairs shop for re-staining or could I attempt doing this touch up by myself using leather dye or top quality shoe polishing paste, another option leaving them as they are.Thanks for your time and opinion
CIMG1186.JPGCIMG1188.JPGCIMG1191.JPGCIMG1193.JPG

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
Not on this one. Sometimes I’ll put on a coat of danish oil. Let dry and then wax. But I don’t really care about shinny pipes. If you do then you really need a base for the wax.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
One thing important to remember is staining a pipe is sort of a last resort, a least for me and other serious collectors. I want to keep the pipe as completely original as possible. Nice thing about these type restoring balms, waxes they don’t change the original color. They just bring the grain alive and rejuvenate the wood.

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
It’s really great stuff. I do quite a bit of wood working and use it often. For
What ever reason it absolutely amazing on Poplar. It just pops.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Is Feed N Wax the same thing as restoration balm I’ve read about on reborn pipes? Or maybe before and after conditioner? Same type of product, different names.

Status
Not open for further replies.