PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
Evening all; Franco Pipenbean here. I’ve been smoking the pipe on and off for twenty odd years now, more off than on if I’m honest.
I’ve always had my Grandad’s old Zulu knocking around and, when nostalgia has hit, I’ve bought a pouch of something, for old times sake.
Since the Covid kicked in and time and money became more plentiful and leaving the house became verboten, I’ve found myself watching videos of the YTPC, thinking about changing my smoking behaviour - moving away from the cigs onto something marginally better - and I’ve got right into it all. The pipe collection now numbers 13 cheap to mid range(ish) pipes and 27 blends, at the last count.
I’ve much to learn I guess.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Granddad's old zulu sounds like an ideal starting point. I'm a proponent of low and moderately priced pipes, though it pays to research and shop a lot to not end up with stinkers. Kaywoodie, Dr. Grabow, Rossi, and MM (and others) turn out some fine smokers at low prices. If you get a windfall, you can always break for something more pricey. Welcome aboard from central N.C., U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.