PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
At Christmas my son brought home some tea and said I would like it. When I opened the tin I thought he was gifting me with some tobacco. Turned out it is Lapsang Souchong Star tea and has a rich smokey smell and taste. I introduced it to a friend I get together with to smoke, who also loves teas, and he was really taken with it. I brew a cup to have with my bowl(usually English blends). I plan to try some this afternoon with an aromatic. Great combo of tea and pipe. I commend it to you.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Tea and a fine bowl, a hard to beat combo. I also enjoy the Celestial Seasonings "Sleepytime" tea before bed. Any other Tea lovers out there?

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Lapsang is one of my favorites, I love the smokey / leathery flavor of it, and it goes perfectly with some Frog on the Town. It is definitely the Latakia of the Tea world, and it is processed very similarly as well.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
MMmmmm... Lapsang Soucham. I've got a blend that mixes Lapsang with mint (it's called "Leprechaun"), which sounds odd but works quite nicely. When my spouse got a whiff of Black House, she immediately thought of Lapsang Soucham. :)

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Coffee lover and really enjoy tea as well, especially on cooler days or if it is raining or snowing outside. Never really tried to match up tea with a pipe tobacco though. I enjoy Earl Grey as well as Orange Blossom (Starbucks, believe they stopped making it though) or an Orange Pekoe.
Live in Canada and would like to know where I might be able to purchase some of this Lapsang tea? Sounds like somthing I might like with some Blackhouse, Frog Morton, or maybe some EMP.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I live in Canada also. The tea my son brought at Christmas was put out by Twinings. But I found the organic stuff in David's Tea shops. I would expect any good tea shop would carry this blend. I am not sure whether David's sells online or not. It is worth a check. Hope you find it.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Thanks for the information, I will look around the city for it. If I am unable to find it, I will do an online search and I am sure I can find it. Twinnings puts out some decent teas, IMHO.....looking forward to it.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
We got ours from B. Fullers - they're mostly online, but were planning to open a B&M in Seattle sometime this year, last I heard. They sell classic teas, blends, and herbal tisanes - lovely stuff.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
You can't go wrong with a pipe and a cup of tea... or a cup of coffee for that matter.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
I used to love Lapsang, but I tried some recently and just couldn't stand it. I love Latakia, though.
I really can't stand coffee. Too thick and burnt tasting. Like drinking thinned, brown paint. Ewww. My wife likes it, and I wait in the car while she goes into Starbucks. Can't take the smell of the place.
Seems my taste in teas has changed over the years. I now prefer flavored tea sweetened with Splenda, sometimes with a splash of sugar-free vanilla flavor (I'm Diabetic, so I don't do sugar).
I found a great little tea shop right here im my hometown of Parker, CO. English Tea Leaves. They have a HUGE selection of loose tea, something for every taste. Here's a link:
http://www.englishtealeaves.com/
Nice folks, family run and they ship. Snowflake is their #1 seller and I can see why. It's a blend of black tea with coconut and almond. Delicious! Their Earl Grey Cream is also excellent.
Give them a try. I highly recommended them!
It's high time for tea!
CACooper

Status
Not open for further replies.