Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Does it contain a stack of Burley…though i have been hitting the Gawith ropes a lot lately, and if I was to ever turn, i could see myself smoking brown or black bogie exclusively

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
my everyday smoke must have

--a strong and clean nic hit

--minimal sugar, whether added or occurring naturally in the tobacco (my mouth seems to be sensitive to tobaccos that are sweet in any way)

--a certain simplicity, even an austerity (latakia and perique make the smoke too "busy" for me)

As for aromatic elements, I have not decided. They so often come with sweeteners, I cannot tell if is the scents/flavorings that bother me, or if it's just the sugars, or both. I can smoke Crooner more often than most aros, but even it is not something I could smoke every day.

so far the only tobacco I've found that meets all these requirements is C&D's dark burley. I've come to prefer it to Five Brothers. So that's my everyday smoke.

blackpowderpiper

Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
An everyday smoke for me is one that delivers an adequate nicotine hit. It must also be fairly priced and adequately available. I also like a blend that is no muss, no fuss. This means that the blend will light easily and stay lit and doesn't require me to have to fool with it a great deal. Lastly, it must be a blend that I enjoy the taste of and can smoke multiple times a day. Luckily, several blends fit that bill nicely for me. Two of my current favorites are Haunted Bookshop and Bayou Morning. These blends seem to be packaged fairly dry so I can smoke them without any additional drying time. They pack easy, light easily, stay lit with minimal tamping and deliver what I need in a tobacco. Good luck in your quest.

makhorkasmoker

Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
The only difference between adding deertongue and, say, cloves or licorice or whatever is that the latter examples are added as essences, and deertongue is the dried leaf. But if adding dried leaf rather than the distilled essence of a dried root or seed or leaf makes Crooner non-aro, well, that's good to know.

falconsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 4, 2021
For me, an everyday smoke has to be affordable, available locally and something I enjoy smoking, Sir Walter Raleigh comes to mind.