Everybody, Please have a Smoke for My Buddy Kane!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Very sorry to hear. Our furry friends are part of the family. Its a difficult thing to do. I will definitely have a bowl for Kane this evening.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Had to leave the internet for a while after reading this. I'm so sorry Kevin, my dogs are like my kids. Bless you for loving such an innocent soul.
He was indeed our first born. Our first big purchase after me and the wife first rented a place together as "adults". Could never be prepared for something like this.

Thank you Duane.

rorrer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2014
Lockhart, Texas USA
For the last 20 years or so, my wife and I have adopted elderly rescue dogs that are typically very hard to find homes for. Everybody wants puppies, it seems, but I'll take an old dog any day. We joke that we're basically running a canine retirement home.

Sorry for your loss. For me, I think it hurts worse every time I lose one.

C.Rorrer

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
So sorry to hear of your loss. They are so much more than a "pet" - a friend and child in one.
He had a happy life and was cherished.
In the end, that's what we all wish for out of life.
Be consoled you both gave him the best life he could have had.

"Death leaves a heartache that no one can heal
Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
- Irish headstone.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Ahhh man, so sorry! :(

I know if he could speak, he’d tell you to be happy, especially how they love us unconditionally, try to be happy for him!

To the both of you! ❤️

Reactions: didimauw

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Sorry for your loss, he had a happy, long life with you. Looks like he was loving, gentle soul.
sorry didi...RIP Kane. For my money, He's with our Boys, Gus & Paddington & so many others of our Fur Family over the last 45 years. I'm looking forward to all our reunion.

Mark - @hoosierpipeguy, good words for that Beautiful Boy, "loving, gentle soul." Soul - nephesh in Biblical Hebrew from Genesis describes well what's inside these Gifts to us.

Didi...., thnx for sharing. Newminstere 400 puffing warm and loving thoughts for You & Your's.
much love & respect for a Fur Friend Lover,
from mike, kindly

Reactions: didimauw