Ever just feel disappointed in a tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Bought La Brumeuse (before it went on sale) and I really was excited to try it out. I feel a bit let down. I can tell this is some high quality tobacco, however I find it more for someone that likes cigars rather than pipes. To offset my disappointment I ordered....
4 tins of orlik golden sliced

3 escudos

2 Sam Gawith full Virginias

1 dunhill nightcap

1 orlik dark strong Kentucky

1 gl pease gaslight

1 gl pease sixpence

1 dunhill royal yacht
I feel a tad better now. Just thought I was past those absent minded youthful decisions. Anyone ever have a disappointing blend and then immediately goes on a spending spree?

P

pipebuddy

Chicks renew their wardrobe when they hate their new haircut.

We buy more tobacco when we're disappointed in a new tobacco.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well it's good to hear that a big TAD order was able to make you feel a little better. Some good stuff in that order. :puffy:

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
The order was my equivalent to crying in the shower. Plus I have a feeling I'm going to have to stock up before the Ms's has the baby. I can here "you can't order that" sometime in the future. Gotta be sly about it. :puffpipe:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, after all the hype about Semois, it was something I thought, well the belgium can keep that secret of theirs. Also C&D's Epiphany.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Oh gods... Semois. What wretched gym bag did that stuff ferment in?
I wouldn't say I was disappointed, as I had no expectations going in. Repulsed would be a better descriptor.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@aggravatedfarmer- You feel a "TAD" better? Bwaaaahahahaha! Best pun of the day, my friend! (If you didn't mean it as a pun, I apologize. It's been a hard day and I've been drinking slightly.)

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
I've only taken four bowls of the stuff and would like to donate it to your guys' box mailing thing you got going.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Peterson Irish Oak (tasted like cigs) and Peterson Sherlock Holmes (couldn't understand what the point was)
I don't easily give up though and now I rather enjoy them both and would even buy more!

marcel

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2015
Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend. I couldn't even make it through half a bowl of the stuff. I tried a few more attempts then gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.