Ever Heard of Molly Tuttle? The Bluegrass Singer/Guitar Shredder/Angel? If Not, Watch This

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Wow. ? She’s awesome. That was some amazing picking, I like how the second video shows her hand. It always tickles the everliving daylights out of me when I see a rather unassuming character just burn it down like that! ?
Kind of like Roy Clark. A lot of folks just thought he was just a big bumpkin, but he left jaws hanging open when he was on The Odd Couple and did Malagueña. I always wished I could play, but the best I can do is run my wife from one room of the house to another whilst I butcher a John Prine song or two. ? Here’s that part of The Odd Couple episode, in case anyone hasn’t seen it:

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I've seen this video before, but it's wonderful to see it again! Thank you for sharing! I love love love bluegrass...

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
She’s a fantastic musician. Unbelievable technically, maybe the best or close to it. Not my favorite singing voice, and I prefer Billy Strings even though she is probably better technically - I find she lacks a certain grit - but that’s just my preference.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
She’s a fantastic musician. Unbelievable technically, maybe the best or close to it. Not my favorite singing voice, and I prefer Billy Strings even though she is probably better technically - I find she lacks a certain grit - but that’s just my preference.
She's a girl. Her style is a bit different. I might be calling it incorrectly (I don't play), but less "attack"(?). Anyway, as in life, no "better" or "worse", just different. She might be more "elegant". I heartily enjoy hearing them play together and trade licks.

Status
Not open for further replies.