PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I was in a new neighborhood in Seattle and noticed a "Smoke Shop" which basically had some cigars and mainly pot smoking paraphernalia. They had some really cheaply made (I could see what looked like glue holding the stem to the bowl) and a rather large variety of bagged tobacco. One of then was Red Cap and a host of others. Anyone ever hear of this before?

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
it's used mostly for roll your own cigarettes

If you wanna roll a cig, it's not bad. I used it for a bit when I rolled. Wouldn't smoke it in my pipe though. The black cherry isn't bad, the whiskey flavor tastes like $10 a fifth whiskey. I haven't tried any of the other flavors

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
ahhhh, this makes a lot of sense. So its not real pipe tobacco at all. That may explain why I didnt recognize a single pipe item in the store. On another note, the store owner hovered over me and was never more the 2 feet from me the entire time. As in, he was in my space the entire time. Was very creepy....

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
I thought Red Caps were the ones who lured children and travelers off the roads, murdering them and staining their caps red in the blood? Stick with the other nicer Fair Folk.
Sorry, I like myths and legends, but the old fables aren't always too terribly nice. But still, avoid both. Just in case.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
The gentleman that was hovering me was extremely interesting looking. I almost wish i could photograph him. He was from the middle east and had extraordinarily hard features, almost menacing. He had the yellowest watery eyes I've ever seen on a human being. They looked like glass.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
Well I for one enjoy Red Cap. I've only had the regular, I found it to be quite enjoyable. It might not have a 'depth' of flavor. Its a good smoke, It doesn't taste like cigarettes or anything at all. In my humble opinion I could consider this a pipe tobacco. I find it to be a very honest tobacco, no bells and whistles here. To each his own, and that's what makes it what it is. You had ought to give it a try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.