PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Just now I was packing my first ever bowl of Blackwoods Flake and part way through I used my thumb to squish the rubbed out flakes to the bottom of the bowl and all of a sudden my thumb jumped out of the bowl (along with a pile of baccy) and there was a twig sticking out from under my thumbnail...I could actually see it had gone into the flesh!
I plucked it out and now it's bleeding :crying:
Of the countless bowls I've packed in my pipesmoking 'career' that has never happened afore. I do hope the smoke will be worth the pain.
Regards,
Jay.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I had an order for Kramer's tobacco from SP.com come in and have noticed a few twigs here and there. Have not stuck myself but could see how it could.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Back in the late 70's I smoke a lot of stuff that had stems and twigs in it. I never cut myself though.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
First a serious injury over egg salad and now this. There goes my tobacco insurance premiums rising again . . . .

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Back in the late 70's I smoke a lot of stuff that had stems and twigs in it. I never cut myself though.

I see what you did there... 8O
First a serious injury over egg salad and now this. There goes my tobacco insurance premiums rising again . . . .
I know, right? That is too bad about his finger and my tooth. Next we will have someone get a papercut from toilet paper!

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Those stoved virginia organisms are now part of his blood supply and are coursing through his veins! We'll know something is afoot if in about 24 hours if Jay starts turning black and smelling spicey.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I thought I was the only one. I didn't draw blood, but I did have a sore spot where I'd gotten a sliver of tobacco stem lodged in my finger momentarily. Now I'm much more respectful in examining the cut to see if there are stems in the mix. I don't get over-zealous tamping with my thumb or fingers. I didn't dress the spot, and it healed up with no problem, but it's likely smarter to go ahead and smear a little antibiotic ointment and a bandaid. I guess it just hurts my male pride.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
You wanna talk splinters? Try cube-cutting one of those damn square chunks that come in a Frog Morton tin.
Then we'll talk splinters.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I drew blood for a living while I was in college. But the pipes were a lot smaller and they frowned on that sort of thing in the hospital, anyways.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"The important thing here is... was it? Worth the pain?"
Indeed it was Nate, it's a very fine blend. Though it's early days, I would put Blackwoods Flake above Dark Star...but only had one bowl of each thus far :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks Jay!! I posted a thread awhile back asking for recommendations for the absolute sweetest blend. I haven't tried it yet, but remember Dark Star being mentioned a few times, but not Blackwood. How'd you rate both on a sweetness scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.