PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
I don't want to seem like i'm bragging here, but I'm just happy as can be. I've saved, sold, traded, scrimped and saved more and finally come up with the means to get a new Dunhill Root Briar in my favourite shape - wanted an ODA/6117 but hey, I'm not rich, so a gp 5 - a 5117 straight Rhodesian - straight squat bulldog! "Ordered" it about 1 1/2 years ago, and it arrived today! I couldn't wait till the evening for the inargual smoke! It's a beauty, and the McClelland 2010 was a delight all the way to the bottom of the bowl!
Thank you SmokingPipes.com, Marco and Mr. Hener for putting up with a pipe nut. The long process was definitely worth the wait!

re "ordering": if there something special that you want in a Dunhill, do talk with your favourite retailer, as they can "put in an order" for it. It might be something readily available, or it might have to be made - which will take a long time to complete, but then you'll have that special pipe!

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
Gosh, a year and a half for a pipe. That's must be exhausting. Maybe you can tell the detail about the process. That will be interesting to read :puffy:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, (including this site's album) such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
If you have a problem, just PM me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations. Not to be too repressive about this, but it could be that the long wait enhanced the experience. Have a great time breaking in your Root Briar.

Status
Not open for further replies.