PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a powerful photo biography of the man. Those/you Brits really have the gift of garb; I mean you dress well, historically anyway. I'm not much of a fan of Prince Charles, but I do envy his suits.

The photo of Tennessee Williams gave me a nostalgic rush, since my late wife hosted him on campus when she was a student. He was much in his cups when she met him, as he often was, and shy in her presence, and inquired drunkenly what her astrological sign was. He was wearing a pendent of his sign, which he clutched self-consciously. She was a Pisces.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
That's a powerful photo biography of the man. Those/you Brits really have the gift of garb; I mean you dress well, historically anyway. I'm not much of a fan of Prince Charles, but I do envy his suits.

The photo of Tennessee Williams gave me a nostalgic rush, since my late wife hosted him on campus when she was a student. He was much in his cups when she met him, as he often was, and shy in her presence, and inquired drunkenly what her astrological sign was. He was wearing a pendent of his sign, which he clutched self-consciously. She was a Pisces.

I enjoyed the read and agree that British style in men's clothing is the best. Prince Charles does dress impeccably. There is a wonderful old saying: "Dress British, think Yiddish"....on another note those family shots have to be the glummest pictures I have ever seen. Unhappy faces, eyes downcast...yikes

Reactions: chopper

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I can’t say I’m a fan of a business with the motto “we’ll do your homework while you live your life”. If living your life doesn’t include doing your homework you don’t belong in school. There’s no little irony in the fact that this motto is posted under the general heading of “Our Values”. This would be funny if it wasn’t so contemptible.

A1D6F9F8-794D-42E4-BB6B-3D82CB4AE95C.jpeg

Oh and by the way, this reddit thread suggests the quality received is extraordinarily poor:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EssayForAll/comments/f6b6h5
although as you can imagine my sympathy for people who are victimized while trying to cheat on their schoolwork is so small even an electron microscope would fail to find a trace.

As an aside I’m aware that “kenmullins” with all of 2 posts to his credit must be a troll.

Last edited:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Quite right. Not the first attempt to make a seemingly on topic post followed by spam, under several different names that sound "real". I banned him earlier, but failed to delete his spamming post. Now done at 6:21:58 PM PT on Tuesday, March 15, 2022.

As to the crooks and cheats, I hope they get what they deserve.

Reactions: autumnfog

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I can’t say I’m a fan of a business with the motto “we’ll do your homework while you live your life”. If living your life doesn’t include doing your homework you don’t belong in school. There’s no little irony in the fact that this motto is posted under the general heading of “Our Values”. This would be funny if it wasn’t so contemptible.

View attachment 134361

Oh and by the way, this reddit thread suggests the quality received is extraordinarily poor:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EssayForAll/comments/f6b6h5
although as you can imagine my sympathy for people who are victimized while trying to cheat on their schoolwork is so small even an electron microscope would fail to find a trace.

As an aside I’m aware that “kenmullins” with all of 2 posts to his credit must be a troll.
And aside from all that, a pipe forum full of cantankerous old codgers might not be the best place to sell a homework service. rotf

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
By sheer coincidence I just reread Waugh’s Decline and Fall the other day. Still funny, but grotesquely politically incorrect in many, many ways. In the 45 years since I last looked into it I’d forgotten the slight echoes of Candide and the prefiguring of Brideshead Revisited at the end.

Reactions: jpmcwjr