PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Yep, pretty good game. How do you like VAR now??
It sure is a mixed bag for me.

I think generally they do pretty well with off side calls, but for penalties and handballs it seems to be all over the place. And especially Prem refs seems to struggle with every reviewed decision, whereas, Serie A and La Liga and even some of the "smaller" leagues have a better read of these decisions.

For today's decision, even live I thought it was offside, but that's the thing with linos now they're told to keep the flag down on decision now to let it got to video. I think that needs to be looked at. Play going on for 20-25seconds and then calling things back for offsides is a madness.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 23, 2019
Yesterday was probably the greatest day of football I've experienced in decades. Took me a couple of hours to mentally digest what all happened...

Will today prove to be underwhelming after yesterday? I don't know how England - Germany can disappoint, even a cagey 0-0 will have me glued on the tele.

Good luck to both sides, but I'm feelin' zesty - loading up a bowl of Frog Morton Cellar and calling an England win on penalties. :sher:

Jun 23, 2019
The French got knocked out by little old Switzerland I saw last night.? I enjoyed that one! ?

Even as someone who sometimes casually supports France, I can't say I wasn't thrilled by the way the Swiss turned that game around after Pogba "sealed" it with his wundergoal for 3-1.

This tournament has really been a madness.

- - -

England did the business!
????????

It's coming home? :ROFLMAO:

What a performance though. Well done England!

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
Good job England. Honestly thought Germany would win so this makes it even sweeter.

Honestly, I was not really expecting Germany to win. The team is lacking both consistency and flexibility. And Löw's great days are over. So I'm looking forward to a fresh start with Flick, who made the triple with Bayern, and a better performance at the World Cup.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Congrats from a German. As I just posted in the other thread, against a team that has not conceded one single goal so far, you just can't afford to miss those huge chances like Werner and Müller did.

So a well deserved win for England.
Thanks, my friend. Like you said, if Germany had taken their chances it would've been a very different game.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Imagine the celebrations of our nil-nil draw in Scotland if England win the tournament. ? it’ll be like 1967 all over again.

Mondays games were some of the most exciting/thrilling I’ve ever watched and I didn’t support any of teams!

England played well and Germany wasted some chances which is unusual. Good game like.

Here’s hoping for more of the same as the tournament continues

Jun 23, 2019
Imagine the celebrations of our nil-nil draw in Scotland if England win the tournament. ? it’ll be like 1967 all over again.

Mondays games were some of the most exciting/thrilling I’ve ever watched and I didn’t support any of teams!

England played well and Germany wasted some chances which is unusual. Good game like.

Here’s hoping for more of the same as the tournament continues

That Mueller one-on-one around the 80' was the shocker. Did all the hard work, looked off Pickford so easily and then just skins it wide.

- - -

One of the benefits of being retired (recently) is the ability to watch mid-day games. I don't have a favorite, surprising that none of the teams from Group F made it to the quarterfinals. The pre-tournament ranking system didn't seem to be that accurate, "thats why they play the game."

I think that's one of the biggest reasons football's not bigger in the US. All the big money European games are during the work day and basically impossible to watch.

And sadly South American football is not promoted the same. The Copa America has very little promotion despite being a very entertaining tournament to watch.

Apipeinthewoods

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
That Mueller one-on-one around the 80' was the shocker. Did all the hard work, looked off Pickford so easily and then just skins it wide.

- - -

I think that's one of the biggest reasons football's not bigger in the US. All the big money European games are during the work day and basically impossible to watch.

And sadly South American football is not promoted the same. The Copa America has very little promotion despite being a very entertaining tournament to watch.
We should do a trade with the NFL. Us Europeans can watch NFL at a civilised hour without arriving at work with rings around our eyes on a Monday morning, and the US get the soccer.

Ukraine are going to give England a he'll of a game tonight. They've ran 50km more than England and its England's first travel.

Jun 9, 2018
England
We should do a trade with the NFL. Us Europeans can watch NFL at a civilised hour without arriving at work with rings around our eyes on a Monday morning, and the US get the soccer.

Ukraine are going to give England a he'll of a game tonight. They've ran 50km more than England and its England's first travel.
It's our first game away from Wembley and the Ukraine aren't mugs so it will probably be a tough match.
I want to see an entertaining game with lots of goals and an England victory?.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and crawdad
Status
Not open for further replies.