PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jun 9, 2018
England
Someone started a thread last season (I think it was jpmcwjr) so I thought i'd do the same now the European season is underway.

I'm not too sure about this new Champions League format. I'll have to give it some time before deciding
First big game of the season in the English Premier League is this Sunday. It's Man City v Arsenal and hopefully it'll be a cracker.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Someone started a thread last season (I think it was jpmcwjr) so I thought i'd do the same now the European season is underway.
Good work! Yes, I did, and I was literally starting a thread for this year when I saw your post.
I'm not too sure about this new Champions League format. I'll have to give it some time before deciding.
Also of no opinion at this time. No dog in the fight, but as long as Arsenal doesn't win the league I'll be satisfied.
First big game of the season in the English Premier League is this Sunday. It's Man City v Arsenal and hopefully it'll be a cracker.
Well, yeah, biggest clash to date. Hoping for a 3-3 draw!

My Spurs got off to a poor start, but this last game, v Palace, was a great one; lots of chances created. We've now crawled to mid-table. COYS!

Jun 9, 2018
England
Good work! Yes, I did, and I was literally starting a thread for this year when I saw your post.

Also of no opinion at this time. No dog in the fight, but as long as Arsenal doesn't win the league I'll be satisfied.

My Spurs got off to a poor start, but this last game, v Palace, was a great one; lots of chances created. We've now crawled to mid-table. COYS!
Yeah, I thought it was you who started the thread last year. BTW i'm 100% with you on Arsenal not winning the league😁👍

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here would be a good place for members to put up what team he supports. Any Europen club, not just Prem-> Division Two. If it's not in a recognizable league, please say where they are based.

It's now odd that our American game is called football, as kickoffs, punts and FG's take up a small percentage of play. But calling it "Armball" ain't gonna fly...

Football!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
Here would be a good place for members to put up what team he supports. Any Europen club, not just Prem-> Division Two. If it's not in a recognizable league, please say where they are based.

It's now odd that our American game is called football, as kickoffs, punts and FG's take up a small percentage of play. But calling it "Armball" ain't gonna fly...

Football!
Football - the clue is in the name😄

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK

Palace fan here - you haven't played us yet (unless it was the ladies); 27th October we host you at Selhurst Park. We have yet to win a game in the EPL this season but I live in hope.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I couldn't either until I attended a Tottenham Hotspurs game in London.
And I played, coached and reffed games in the U.S.

You have to get beyond something or other to enjoy it. The level of play down under is several notches below that of Premier League footie. But, hey, the Spurs' gaffer is Strine!
Did you watch the City v Arsenal game, mate? Great game. Arsenal defended so well with only 10 men but just couldn't hold on. That last minute goal from City may well be important come the end of the season.

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
I couldn't either until I attended a Tottenham Hotspurs game in London.
And I played, coached and reffed games in the U.S.

You have to get beyond something or other to enjoy it. The level of play down under is several notches below that of Premier League footie. But, hey, the Spurs' gaffer is Strine!
Old Ange will bring a new look but will they win more games. Been a very unstable club for a few years now and that’s hard to turn around.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg