PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Nate: The gf is back in town during summer break -- is it bad that I'm slightly looking forward to her going back to school so that I can visit her in Bozeman again? :lol:
This year I'm intending to head down there in late fall and hopefully have more opportunities to do some hiking, maybe visit Yellowstone, and of course pick up some tobacco to bring back home!
As for the thread topic - I like northerneil's suggestion of shipping something from an online vendor to your hotel. Doesn't beat the chance to visit a B&M, but in lieu of that, at least you will be able to get a hold of what you really want. Which will likely just be 4 tins of capstan ;)

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
You know those "northern fellas" don't have guns

I have guns.... I just can't take any!! Looks like I'll be bringing a knife to a gun fight.

zip_zpsu4rdnahp.jpg

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Ok.... back to reality. I will take a couple of jars with me and if I can find something there great but if not I'll still have something to smoke. lol

skagit

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
Bring your own. There's a small shop in Kalispell, but it's mostly cig stuff. They have a small selection of bulk, but unless you want 1Q or other super generic stuff you won't be impressed.
That Tobacco River Ranch is probably exactly what the name says...a ranch on the Tobacco River. The valley that Eureka lies in is called the Tobacco Valley because the native americans grew tobacco there.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I've purchased tobacco from Poor Richards in Bozeman - unfortunately google says it's about a 6hr drive from Eureka. Hopefully someone can find you a B&M a little bit closer!
Drezz, I lived in the apartment on the opposite of Main st facing the l&b and Pr. I'd awake, get coffee, and hit poor Richards to get tobacco, then head back home to start the days. These were the greatest days of my life. We've chatted about Bozeman before, but never turn down an opportunity to talk about the greatest town on this planet. Miss it profoundly.
Poor Richards is not there anymore. I drove by it this morning and it was gutted, sign taken down, etc.

Unless it has moved??
I'm heading to Missoula to buy some tins at Bell Pipe and Tobacco (if they are still in business!)

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
A brief Google search shows a handful of smoke shop in the Eureka area but they appear to be mostly cig/e-cig oriented. The Bell Pipe and Tobacco Shop (Forum directory) looks promising but it is in Missoula Montana which is approx. 3.5 hours away. Might be worth checking out if you happen to wander in that direction.
'm heading to Missoula to buy some tins at Bell Pipe and Tobacco (if they are still in business!)
The Bell was open a few hours ago when I stopped in for pipe cleaners and a cigar. The lady staff who is always there on weekdays is super nice, but not all that knowledgable about pipe stuff.
You'll find tins of a few McClelland blends, mostly the Frog Morton blends, Stave-Aged Virginia, Balkan Blue, and maybe a few others. There is a small selection of bulk blends if you're into aromatics. I live about a mile from The Bell and will always buy cigars, pipe cleaners, and Zippo stuff there, but I do almost all of my tobacco shopping online because they don't have things I like to smoke and they aren't willing to order things in to pacify just me.
One thing to note: The Bell moved within the last year or two from East Main to West Main. It's now across from the courthouse. Not sure if their address on google updated.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Understanding your problem but not too familiar with your re entry situation into Canada.
Blueeyedogre, would it be possible to order and have it shipped to the establishment you will be staying at?
It might be some work to set up between permission on the part of the hotel and possibly a fast shipper price from the seller, but it might be worth exploring for what you guys have to pay.
I travel frequently and find hotels to be quite accommodating.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Blueeyedogre, would it be possible to order and have it shipped to the establishment you will be staying at?

Not likely. I just take some with me and put in an order to Rich when I get back. It high time for some TAD anyway. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.