Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Nothing so far. I called DHL again but they say they have to wait for a reply from customs. I will call again if they miss the delivery date and escalate speak to a supervisor.
Good luck with that. I’ve called Customs (Chicago ISC) half dozen times, only spoke to someone once, when they tried claiming a tobacco pipe from U.K. was a “tobacco product”. It’s been held in Chicago for over a month now.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Any updates @ram74 @craiginthecorn ? Thanks.

Customs rejected the package as is and will require further info. I have called DHL but they say custom
Customs rejected the package as is and will require further info. I have called DHL but they say customs has not yet told them what information is missing.
View attachment 85987

s has not yet told them what information is missing.
View attachment 85987

These are all the same steps mine has gone through. I'm guessing that I will owe some federal tobacco taxes, which are not very much. At present, the status of mine is:

Further Detail
Shipment may contain personal effects, therefore specific customs processing may be required.
Next Step
The status will be updated following further customs processing. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer for any additional requirements if necessary.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
And final question @ram74 @craiginthecorn did either of you order very large quantities of tins/tobacco? I'm curious whether there might be an amount that triggers customs involvement. Thanks!

Mine was larger than past orders at 2.5 kg. I had a 1 kg bag of Directors Cut, 2 250g bags of Bjarne flake, and various tins.

My order's status just reverted to the same one it had yesterday:

Further Detail
The Clearance process for this shipment is pending till such time that some additional details required for clearance are provided to the regulatory authorities
Next Step
A DHL representative shall attempt to contact importer or shipper if any further information is required to complete the entry.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You an me, we don wan da bulls. Multiple small boxes? Trying to figure out how best to proceed. As it stands my order is tentatively 20 - 30 tins 100g.
In this climate that order will become a prime time news story with camera crews taping sniffer dogs and AFT agents digging up your flower beds.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You an me, we don wan da bulls. Multiple small boxes? Trying to figure out how best to proceed. As it stands my order is tentatively 20 - 30 tins 100g.
Customs reversed course and cleared my package! It is now with the courier to be delivered today!
Seems there is still hope.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Awesome and hats off to greeneyes (I think) for all the legwork done to help make this happen.
I'm following updates regarding Estervals shipping on three forums. I still don't feel like we've settled into a comfortable consistent behavior on DHLs part, but people generally seem to be getting their packages.

I'd like to add that---and I'm just guessing here---there are probably hundreds of pipe smokers in the USA who don't take to the forums to let us know their packages have arrived safely. Quite the contrary, posts seem to be enriched for the "what went wrong" type, so I feel the overall picture is probably more favorable to our cause than we're aware.