PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Im thinking it has something to do with the fact that it has to be signed for. Maybe the carrier was running behind and didn't feel like dealing with it. Might be worth it in the future to pay extra and do a package intercept.

Last edited:

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
A friend sent a several thousand dollars worth package of vintage tobacco through Atlanta. The last status update was an Atlanta sorting facility. Completely vanished. I saw a photo of the contents. It was heartbreaking.
I made a tobacco order a few weeks ago with HACIO in Germany to deliver to the Uk.It had DHL tracking after two weeks it was still sitting in a Warehouse in Germany.I contacted HACIO to investigate they came back and said the parcel was lost (stolen) and they offered me a refund.Just shows that this can happen in any country when it involves tobacco.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
... thinking it has something to do with the fact that it has to be signed for...
I’m my particular case, I believe this had everything to do with it.

The local P.O. had left the previous 2 Estervals orders along with the rest of my mail with out asking for the required signature (we have a locked delivery box). With this latest order, I doubt it ever left the sub-station.

In the current environment (several obvious factors) I believe that P.O. employees (like many people) are overwhelmed and there are some who are not extending themselves more than needed.

Best practice is to track your delivery progress as close as possible so you can intervene and “assist” in the delivery process when needed.

Bottom line for me is, I live in a state where there are prohibitions on tobacco sales other than by face to face sales so I can’t complain sincerely of any good outcome!

Reactions: BROBS

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
I am not sure if you have the possibility for parcels to be "held" in the post office in the US, but this has been the most acceptable solution to most of my delivery problems here in Europe. In my experience, problems usually start to appear when home-delivery is involved: parcels being stolen from porches, deliverymen being in a rush not wanting to get a signature, you name it. If you take the home delivery out of the equation and just collect your parcels from the post office, things usually run much smoother.

Another option is having parcels delivered to your office if your employer allows this. Most postal service providers have much stricter delivery rules for business-to-business (B2B) deliveries, as opposed to business-to-customer (B2C) deliveries. Fact is that the "big money" is not in the B2C sector and this makes them simply not care about your private delivery.

I have literally been told by customer service agents that private B2C deliveries are not a priority and deliverymen may skip a private delivery in order to be able to fulfil all business deliveries when time is tight. After all, a disgruntled private person does not harm their business as much as a disgruntled company - which could have been or already is a big-time customer.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Generally in the United States (or at least in my city) if a parcel hasn't been left at your doorstep due to the requirement of a signature upon receipt, the postman generally leaves a delivery slip which you're to take to the post office to retrieve your parcel within a designated number of days. Wasn't the case in this particular situation, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.