PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
There have been some questions about Estervals and shipping to the US in the past so I thought I'd share my recent tobacco ordering experience from them --

1/16/22 Order Placed and CC charged on Esterval Website
1/19/22 Order shipped
1/24/22 Order received in Eastern NC

Shipping was via DHL, tracking the state of the order was easy via the Estervals and DHL websites. No complaints from me, will order from them again.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
How much did you order? It seems like the heavier the package, the more likely one is to have problems.

Irish Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2022
Munich, Germany
Well, they still haven't shipped my order from 3rd March yet...

I've ordered before without issue and they were quick, so I don't know what the problem is with this order. Everything was in stock and the money has cleared my credit card. And it's shipping within Germany as well. ??‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018

I've ordered before without issue and they were quick, so I don't know what the problem is with this order. Everything was in stock and the money has cleared my credit card. And it's shipping within Germany as well. ??‍♂️
@sablebrush52 our friend Mr. BigTrain seems to have had a situation similar to this gentleman's (above). I'll have to check back in with him to see if the situation has resolved.

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA

This sounds like my recent experience. I placed a big order on Feb. 20th ($699, 8kg) and it showed an estimated shipping date of calendar wk. 9 (not a system I was familiar with). When that week came and went I emailed and was told that some items were out of stock but they'd be along shortly. Everything I ordered showed in stock at the time (or else I wouldn't have ordered it) and continued to show in stock on the website. When I asked to cancel any out of stock items they ignored the first request and in response to my follow up insisted that they "don't change or cancel any orders".

Ultimately the order did ship on Friday and I received it today, intact and seemingly untouched by Customs. I wasn't thrilled with the runaround they gave me and their general unwillingness to disclose what was out of stock, update their website inventory, or modify my order, but I was happy it went smoothly after that point. Good luck, I hope all your stuff comes through soon.
PXL_20220315_001302525.MP.jpg

Irish Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2022
Munich, Germany
This sounds like my recent experience. I placed a big order on Feb. 20th ($699, 8kg) and it showed an estimated shipping date of calendar wk. 9 (not a system I was familiar with). When that week came and went I emailed and was told that some items were out of stock but they'd be along shortly. Everything I ordered showed in stock at the time (or else I wouldn't have ordered it) and continued to show in stock on the website. When I asked to cancel any out of stock items they ignored the first request and in response to my follow up insisted that they "don't change or cancel any orders".

Ultimately the order did ship on Friday and I received it today, intact and seemingly untouched by Customs. I wasn't thrilled with the runaround they gave me and their general unwillingness to disclose what was out of stock, update their website inventory, or modify my order, but I was happy it went smoothly after that point. Good luck, I hope all your stuff comes through soon.
View attachment 134274
I've just tried to cancel my order as it's not shipped yet. If they mess about then I'll just contact my credit card bank. Everything I've ordered (which is only five tins) is also showing as in stock as well. I received an email a week ago saying that their shipping company was having problems. Hmm maybe. After waiting for more than two weeks, that is not my problem.

Glad you received your's though. Happy smoking!

Reactions: MarcosEZLN