PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Hello everyone, I just picked up this pipe on Ebay. It is stamped Stanwell, Military 1969. Has the crowned "S" on the stem. I'm pretty sure the "1969" doesn't mean that is when it was made, but does anyone know for sure. I can't wait to get it. I love the shape. I couldn't find anything about it on google. I have several Stanwell's, some new, some previously loved. I personally love them all. All great smokers. So far, Stanwell is my pipe of choice.
Stanwell1969.jpg

Stanwell1969-2.jpg

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Great looking pipe. I have one Stanwell and like the way it smokes so I'm always in the hunt for another. Good score?

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
That's a very nice pipe you've picked up... Congrats and enjoy!!!

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
Nice pipe, i would say it was made in the 60's. Whats the shape number? It could be an ivarrson

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Slowwideturns: I'm not sure of the the shape number. The seller states the only number on the pipe is "1969". I'm not certain what that number refers to. It doesn't seem to be a Stanwell shape number. I'll report back once it arrives if I can find any more imprints on the pipe. I too am thinking it might be an Ivarrson.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
After some searching i've come to the conclusion that the 1969 was a line of military mount pipes stanwell made. I dont know this for sure but the 1969 could have something to do with them moving to a new factory that year.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Thanks slowwideturns. That gives me a clue. I appreciate you taking the time to research.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Sharp looking pipe. Looks like it is in very good shape as well. Thanks for sharing. :puffpipe:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dlattim:
I'm with Fisher and Top. Of all the pipes I own there isn't a Stanwell in the lot and I don't have a good reason at all. I have a number of Danish pipes and they're all great burners. I'm sure yours won't disappoint. It's a beauty, friend.
BTW, I picked up a little bitty Kaywoodie military mount recently that looks like a sissy next to your Stanwell. Yours is a swell manly pipe. Mine is just effeminate and needs to be placed in a closed drawer.
Good smokes.
Fnord

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a great looking military stem pipe! I don't know much about Stanwells, but there is a Stanwell group over on the SmokersForums that might be able to help ID the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.