PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
100_0359.jpg

Stopped on the way home from work at an estate sale. Walked away with this Ben Wade Autumn freehand sitter and the tin of unopened GL Pease Tribute for $35. The pipe looks like it was hardly smoked. One Happy camper tonite.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
From the tin " special blend of red, lemon,and stoved red virginias,perique and toasted cavendish tobacco"
This blend was made right after 9/11. This particular tin was tinned 09/25/2001. Tribute is no longer being produced under that name, I believe it is though the same as Fisrt Responders that is now being blended by C&D. Never tried either, but couldnt walk away from a 11 yr old sealed tin of tobacco. Maybe crack it open in another 14 yrs.....

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Al - tis a VAPer with a bunch of Cavendish, and now 11YO. The recent C&D First Responders is a reissue.
hp

les
Thanks Les. I'm not much of a VAPer guy, but with the addtion of some Cavendish, that sounds interesting. I'll look for some First Responders.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Great find and background story, put this on the shelf and tell everyone about it.....
This blend was made right after 9/11. This particular tin was tinned 09/25/2001. Tribute is no longer being produced under that name, I believe it is though the same as Fisrt Responders that is now being blended by C&D. Never tried either, but couldnt walk away from a 11 yr old sealed tin of tobacco. Maybe crack it open in another 14 yrs.....

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I'm always happy to hear a fellow piper stumble onto a great find. It was meant for you. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.