PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthbound

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2015
Well, today I paid up for an estate Peterson Sherlock pipe. The model I got was the "Hudson". It's really a striking piece and I'm beyond excited to light up some Durbar in it asap. Finals week has me rather busy so I'm hopefully going to get this into my schedule by tomorrow. I guess I'd like to post an open question to those of you who own a Sherlock series pipe. Do you think they're a cut above the average Peterson? I own two other Peterson pipes and I really love them. I know Peterson has had some issues with QC in recent years but I really have no qualms with either of mine. I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on these pipes! Obviously both positive and negative feelings should feel free to chime in. Thanks!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The Holm's series pipes are suppose to be a higher grade of briar, and will eventually grab one of the "Strand" models. Those really stand out to me, but all shapes in the line are very attractive. Congratulations on yours!

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The Hudson is one of my favorite shapes. I have 12 in various configurations (it's actually a XL 21). Each is a great smoker and a treat to hold in the hand. Enjoy.

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
My Peterson Sherlock Holmes Hudson s hands-down, my favorite pipe. Love the shape. Congrats!

earthbound

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2015
Good to hear such positive feedback. I will definitely put up a picture or two later!

Status
Not open for further replies.