PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
So I found out my local tobacco shop is stockpiled with esoterica Pembroke and one or two other bulk bags of esoterica blends. my question is do I go for it and grab what I can?

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
If you like a particular tobacco and the price is right and it is in front of your nose...then get it.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I love Pembroke but that doesn’t mean that you will. Dry it before you smoke it, if ya decide to buy some. Pembroke is one of the more easily obtainable Esoterica’s. My local B&M often has it in stock.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Pembroke is my favorite out of all of Esoterica's offerings. May not be for everyone though.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I love Pembroke. It's Margate with a cognac topping. I don't like most alcohol topped tobaccos but with Pembroke, it works in a big way.

jrbjr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2019
I would say be mindful of any advice the local seller has for you. Last fall my local B&M had a big drop they kept in the back for their better customers. I had just gotten back into the hobby and had visited them a dozen times in a little over a month. They recommended I buy 5 different bags. They suggested I buy: Stonehaven, Brighton, Dorchester, Dunbar and Penzance. After listening to them describe all of them, I bought three (budget constraints), guess which I didn't buy? Yep the Stonehaven and Penzance I left there, gone the next day. Now I really. really enjoy Brighton and Dorchester, not so much Dunbar. My take is if it sounds like something you would like, BUY IT.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
haven't tried Blackpool
You may enjoy it. The Virginias change the characteristics of the licorice a bit. Think a good quality black tea and stewed fruit.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I say buy them. If you don't like them, you can do what most sellers did at this years Chicago Show...come to the show and sell them but price them so high it feels like the buyer is also getting a prostate exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.