PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I used to be a member of some Esoterica groups on various social media platforms. The more fanatical members will buy literally any esoterica blend they can get their hands on, even if it's not a style of tobacco they smoke. I'd love some more Penzance, but am just not interested in dealing with the troubles of getting some and won't pay scalper prices out of principle.
I think that’s what happens to most of it

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I had the chance to buy some Stonehaven a few years ago, and I'm very happy that I decided to direct my tobacco acquisition time and money to less unicorny blends. I'm happy for everyone who was able to snag some today.

And no, I'm not better than anyone that loves Esoterica. I still follow K&K drops very carefully.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
And no, I'm not better than anyone that loves Esoterica. I still follow K&K drops very carefully.

I’m waiting for Gawith but have so much good stuff to smoke so no real complaints. The one thing that I’ve run into is trying or revisiting something only to discover that’s it’s now a unicorn or on its way. That’s what happened with some Gawith blends. Hadn’t smoked them in many years, pulled something out of my cellar to revisit, fell in love and BOOM! can’t get it.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I’m waiting for Gawith but have so much good stuff to smoke so no real complaints. The one thing that I’ve run into is trying or revisiting something only to discover that’s it’s now a unicorn or on its way. That’s what happened with some Gawith blends. Hadn’t smoked them in many years, pulled something out of my cellar to revisit, fell in love and BOOM! can’t get it.
Even 3 years ago they were all available and in stock everywhere.. all the time.

Oct 7, 2016
I got an email alert from SP on King Charles by German at 12:01 PM. I had my browser open to the Penzance bags, had already logged into my account, hit refresh, not in stock, so I went to Peacehaven, in stock, ordered, confirmation at 12:03. I just checked, shipped with tracking number.
Smokingpipes is one of the most predictable sites out there on timing of drops of HTF things that they get from other distributors. Others have there own patterns. Some don’t. You don’t need a bot or call around B&M’s and pay their prices or have a track record as a favored customer to score Esoterica. Though those methods will work.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I got lucky this round! Got me 2 1/2 pounds of some of my favorite Esotericas, 8 tins of Sun Bear and 2oo grams of Wessex Gold Brick. It was a good day. Expensive, but good.

Last round I got assed out. Win some, lose some.
How did you manage to get 2.5 lbs?

how many lbs you already got?