PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I bought an old-style 8-ounce bag of Cardiff today at my local B&M, having had no experience with Esoterica other than Penzance (which I also bought - lucky me).
Does anybody have any experience with this blend? It's not listed on luxurytobaccoreviews. The description from Germain says:
An outstanding, well balanced mixture of four Virginias, pressed until reddish-brown and then fully rubbed up. A truly traditional tobacco for the most discerning palate.
Should I open and jar the Cardiff? (It doesn't look to have been very popular and I think it might have been discontinued.)
My guess is cellaring it wouldn't hurt. What do you think?

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Cardiff is wonderful stuff. It is very mild, soft and sweet Virginia. Not going to overwhelm you with complexity but it is a very nice soft sweet Virginia. I tend to like this tobacco in the late summer/early fall months. It's been a while since I have smoked Cardiff but from what I remember it is, as I stated above, a very soft sweet Virginia, but it does offer up a very nice sweet spice note every now and then. Nice with morning coffee or tea.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Excellent news - thanks! I believe I'll open it Saturday morning and enjoy it as you recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.