PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I’ve always preferred the english mixtures. Nightcap and the other Dunhill brands along with GL Pease Gaslight and Quiet Nights
However, Escudo and Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake are quickly working their way into a daily occurrence here.
Amazingly good tobaccos.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Right on. I followed a similar path. Keep on puffing.
And I will agree with embers. Acadian perique is one of my heaven on Earth blends.

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Same road travelled here.... But I'll always keep my English mixtures in my cellar....they will be back in my rotation one day, I'm sure!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Same road travelled here.... But I'll always keep my English mixtures in my cellar....they will be back in my rotation one day, I'm sure!!
I though the same thing years ago.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I guess that's a road for a lot of us? I abandoned my English completely a few years ago. Thinking about dropping them in the sale threads.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
How long did it take to abandon the English? I bounce between all types.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I’m smoking 965 right now. I’ll never abandon the english. I enjoy smoking something different usually every day.
Thanks for the additional tobacco recommendations! I’ll have to give them a try.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm more of a Virginia/Burley/Dark Fired guy than an English guy, but I think I went less "whole hog" on English than many here, and that has kept me from losing my taste for them. Latakia is maybe a once weekly thing for me, and that really helps me continue to look forward to it. I also never got into lat-bombs.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Took me about 2 years to abandon English. To abandon Latakia in general actually. The Oriental/Latakia mix just got to be old and too much the same. Never thought I would say it, but I've turned into quite the Virginia smoker - mostly straight VA with rounds of VA seasoned with (perique, dark fired, Per-DFK, or oriental). Of course I have the Burley binges now and again.

Mar 29, 2016
Since I'm an occasional smoker, Latakia mixures are here to stay, most or my Winter smokes are with Latakia or Va/Pers.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
However, Escudo and Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake are quickly working their way into a daily occurrence here.
Amazingly good tobaccos.
Escudo has become a staple of mine. I just ordered several more tins of it to have on hand. It has been consistently flavorful and rich. Really love the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.