PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I got a tin, and finally broke it open. Very mellow, much more than I expected, with a perfect dose of nicotine.
I find that my sense of taste is kind of dulled to a lot of blends, but this one really has a great flavor to it. Nice and enjoyable, very much (to me) a "mans smoke".
I bought a tin of it a year ago, on a whim, and it is still sealed and untouched. Going to keep it that way for a few more years, and break it out for a nice occasion of some type. But the "fresh" stuff is damn good.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Love the stuff and yes it is super manly. About 5 years ago a third testicle that I didn't even know I had dropped while smoking a bowl of Escudo.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
This thread is a perfect example of why I check the forums almost hourly! :rofl:
I must try this though if it is that manly of a smoke! :wink:

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
I have sought the pleasure that Escudo promises but it has escaped me. Davidoff Flame Medallion though... That is a similar but much nicer blend in my opinion. A bit sweeter and less harsh.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
Escudo shouldn't surprise you since it is a legend :)

I love it as well, great virginia with just the right amount of perique. Very similar if not identical is Dunhill navy rolls with only one difference - it doesn't surprise you with new testicle very often (maybe it is just because I was already born with one extra)

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I started smoking it in a bent billiard,and by the time I was done with the bowl it was a STRAIGHT!! :rofl:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Escudo is like a perfectly made Martini. Sip it slow and every now and then take a deep long slow puff and exhale it through your nose. After you get over the disorientation and the tears in your eyes your whole head is saturated with a deep sweet, musty, spicey tobacco goodness that just seems to mellow you right out like high quality incense. I have a couple tins aging right now and just can't wait to smoke them.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Currently my favorite tobacco. I actually don't notice the nicotine level, but I don't in most pipe tobaccos. Escudo does have over 10% perique, however, so it should be stout from a nicotine standpoint. Funny, I joined an Argentinian pipe smoker's forum and their lead thread this morning was about the joys of Escudo as well.

Jul 12, 2011
A fresh tin is fantastic...but I found a tin from a local B&M that had been age'in a very long time....OUTSTANDING....get a sleeve of this blend so you have enough to smoke NOW and cellar for later ;-)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Anyone know where the name Escudo came from? I always thought of it as the name of some manly ass Spanish Matador. Seriously though, I would love to know where the name came from. It's just a fun word to say.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Well I was right on the Spanish part...well Portuguese anyways.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escudo

Status
Not open for further replies.