PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I was going to post a question about dating Escudo tins when I decided to use the Search Forums feature. I normally come a cropper but tonight was magic.
In this link: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/how-old-is-that-tin-of-tobak#post-81209 I found the following post by Mr. Romeowood from two years ago: "..while Escudo tins have a series of numbers perpendicular to the bar code reading 'XXXXXXXXXX' where the first two digits are the year, the second two the month, the third two the day, and the rest are batch numbers; .."
I learned a couple of things tonight: the Search Forums feature, for once, finally worked for me and the Escudo tins I've been laying aside are older than what I thought. I've got to call that a good day.
Fnord

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I remember that thread and found it very useful in dating my Escudo tins. It is nice to get aged ones when you think they are going to be brand new.

youngpiper1

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
me being the novice I am I assumed it had something to do with actual dating...like couples...I thought Escudo was foreign for something, is Escudo a good tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.