PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Thought I'd throw this out there. This morning I cracked my first ever tin of Escudo. I rubbed out a couple of coins and had one of the most enjoyable smokes I've had in some time. The mix of Virginias and Perique seemed perfect to me with just the right amount of nicotine. Well, I love 1Q also, but the lack of nicotine is somewhat disappointing and at times it's just too sweet for me. This afternoon I decided to try an experiment. I rubbed out some more Escudo and added just a pinch of 1Q, maybe 20%. I have stumbled on to something magnificent. The blend has a chocolaty taste with some sweetness, but I can still taste the Virginia and Perique. Albeit the Virginia is sweet to the taste already. But this is different. This new blend I created also has the appropriate amount of nicotine for me. I just love experimenting in this hobby. I will definitely be working up this mixture again. I think I'll call it Esqudo No. 1. Try it, you might like it as much as I do.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
That sounds interesting. I like both blends and you're right about 1Q, kinda one dimensional by itself. I'm smoking Escudo now and will try your suggestion on the next bowl. Thanks!

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
The other day, I started mixing a bowl of 1Q with a small pinch of straight Perique. I really like it.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sounds like fun, I have enough left of some SJ 2015 left from a rub, I'll give it a try. I always thought down the line I would pick up some raw materials and have a go at blending... But a lot of brands to check before then. Would really like to try some of personal blends people have come up with.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Interesting, the 1Q took over the start, slowly peeling back and by the half bowl it was all St. James. I think the 1Q just burnt up quickly.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
i just acquired both of these tobaccos today and will give this a whirl.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I like that one rm. "EQ" simple and accurate. I think I'll load up some EQ right now. :puffpipe:

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
I did this last night. I feel like the escudo almost added what I can best describe as a cigarette flavor but a slightly more plummy note.

I was actually surprised at how much of a nic hit it gave me.

It was quite a ride, and I had a hard time sleeping afterwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.