PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
this stuff is a rare bird. I almost want to call it aromatic but that would not be true, it would also be really dishonest for me to say it's natural tobacco forward. See for me it's like both sides of the flavor are pretty equal. I can taste what kind of leafs it uses. I can taste mostly virginian and a good smatter of burly, but also I can taste that weird topping they use. It's sorta fruity but to my senses it's more herbally, reminds me of certain tisanes that have sweetness. The flake burns surprisingly easily and well for a dense floppy flake that I don't bother to dry out. Not sure how that works but any other flake I've smoked not dried out needs several relights not this one. If you held a gun to my head and forced me to give a short description to sum it up (Don't worry I swear no one is using threats to get me to write this review), I'd say it's a lightly perfumed typical va burly blend and that the only thing it really tastes like is itself because there really is nothing else quite like it (in my limited experiences). So buy a tin and if you don't like it just find me and try to bean me with the tin which I'll put in my cellar.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
It seems to be quite popular in NZ. Most tobacconists here would have a tin of it. Might even be the only tin of pipe tobacco they have in the shop with the way things are now! I remember my grandfather having tins of Erinmore all around his den. Can’t say whether they were the flake or mixture version.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob
The tin note reminds me of a used urinal cake in a cheap gas station mens room, but the flavor of the actual smoke reminds me of that old Juicy Fruit gum. I love it.

I have always winced at the old timers arguing that the old Three Nuns tastes nothing like the new, but I have been smoking long enough to now be one of those old guys who says that The new Erinmore is nothing like the new. I do miss the strength of the way it used to be. It used to set me down. Now, it's just a plain old weak aromatic. But, I still enjoy the flavor.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Several years ago I scored a few tins at a B&M that I think might be from 2006 or 2007; I don’t smoke this often so I’m still on the first tin. I think it’s great, and it’s one of two blends I smoke regularly (the other being Barbary Coast) that give me a decent nic hit. I like it best cube cut and dried til crispy

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Been thinking about getting a tin at my local shop but the description of a fruity, floral essence has kind of turned me off.

Reactions: BROBS

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I've had an open tin for three years. It got deeper and darker, but still juicy fruit tin note. Smokes like a fruity vabur. It's always enjoyable, but I don't smoke it often. Change of pace tin for sure. Like mojitos for me. Bourbon and beer all year, but sometimes a fresh mojito hits the spot. I have never thought it ghosted a pipe. If it did, it was just for the next bowl, and I didn't mid. Don't think twice, it's worth a try. Cellar it for a few years

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Oh it's aromatic that's for sure, it's just an aromatic that also tastes of tobacco in a clear manner. Some aromatics list the tobaccos blended and often I think those could be the leafs in this stuff, but with Erinmore I am sure of the tobaccos used. I would say it's mildly aromatic but that's also not quite it. It's a weird little gem in my opinion.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Fruity VaBur with a descent dose of nic,and thats about it, great summer blend , Never noticed It ghosted my pipes but I don't smoke it consecutively in one and same pipe all the time,yet I'm used to faint floral /fruity ghost a la St Bruno,/Amphora Red Full aroma so my assessment is rather objective,

Status
Not open for further replies.