Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Box Pass 2020
Estimated to start January 31, 2020

Here are the Rules:

This Box Pass is a box that has a large variety of tobaccos and pipe paraphernalia for you to sample. Our goal is to get it to all listed by the end of the year. It is sponsored by the members, not Pipes Magazine. If you want to be included, you must answer a questionnaire and meet the requirements below:
  1. Must be a member for a minimum of 4 months
  2. Post Count must be at least 100 posts
  3. Have the financial resources to spend $15-20.00 on shipping the box to the next person. Yes you are responsible to send it to the next member on the list.
  4. Live in the U.S.A. We hate to do this but it's gone to Canada before and while it made it safely, there is always the possibility of Canadian Customs keeping it. We'd rather be safe than sorry.
  5. Pm your: name, screenname, address, email address, and phone number to Tokerpipes (I will keep your phone number and not put it on the list). He will then distribute the questionnaire to deem you worthy, once approved you are added to the list.
  6. Keep the box no longer than 1 week.
  7. Pics must be uploaded to this thread once you receive the box. We all want to see the stash as it grows.
  8. Post and pm Tokerpipes the tracking information once the box is mailed out.
  9. Have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labors with keeping the box moving.
Do not sign up if you do not have a stable address, will be moving soon, going to school out of state, etc. You need to be an active, established member on here to show that you will be sticking around, and are trustworthy.

We all understand life happens, loss of jobs, financial set backs and what not. If you should have one of these pitfalls be prompt in contacting Tokerpipes well before you receive the box. In most cases arrangements can be made to move your position on the list or pass the box to the next member.

The box has been lost on previous Box Pass events, many sad/ angry members. It’s up to all involved to keep up with the responsibility of keeping the box moving.

The Journal (the newest addition to the Box Pass:
There will be a list in the front of the journal with all the names of the recipients on it. Please be sure to keep it circulating with the box. It will have all the information you need on who to send the box to next (excluding their phone number, which is kept by
Tokerpipes and appointed helpers). Jot down your experiences with some of the samples, words of wisdom, what you add to the box, doodles etc.

Please keep tobacco in Mylar zip bags to preserve freshness and to keep the smell down. Tins are fine but tend to weigh the box down. Occasionally the box will be recalled to straitened and condense the treasure.

Please take any samples that you want, but add your samples back in. Try not to take a whole 4 ounce bag, the whole purpose is to have a large variety of tobaccos for everyone to try.

Creator/HPIC: Tokerpipes
Co-HPIC: saintpeter

Enjoy!

Applications now being accepted.

Last edited:

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
What about me? I haven’t been a member for 4 months yet?
Keep up the good fight. If the box moves weekly we are looking at 52 members playing so in 2 more months you will be added to the list and for sure to open the treasure trove in no time. Pm me your info so I can send the questionnaire.

Reactions: saintpeter

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
If the box moves weekly we are looking at 52 members playing
So, if you are at the bottom of the list, you won't receive the box for about a year if everyone mails the box within a week? Am I right? Just a thought...maybe 52 participants is too many.

I like this whole idea and I think it would be fun. I would be more interested if it was sealed tins. Take a tin, leave a tin and less participants so you might get the box a couple of times in a year.

I hope the Box Pass is a success and I will definitely be watching the thread. It will be interesting. Good luck everyone.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
So, if you are at the bottom of the list, you won't receive the box for about a year if everyone mails the box within a week?
Worst case scenario...yes. This requires the honesty of people and their sense of responsibility. If everyone got the box, opened it, took a fair share and then shipped it out the next day it would be awesome. It also ain't gunna happen that way. People are people and ? happens.
Keep the box no longer than 1 week.
Much shorter would be better.

All this is just my view/opinion/belief

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
You are all not seeing that most of the issues in the previous box passes were members that had issues. Life happens and ship happens if you can’t commit then don’t apply. You have the rules. Also 52 different people will mean 52 cellars will be dug into. Imagine how many different blends could be in there. I don’t know but I have about 18 blends in mine and I am not an avid cellar keeper. Gees mind blown.:eek:bdw

Reactions: jpmcwjr

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Worst case scenario...yes. This requires the honesty of people and their sense of responsibility. If everyone got the box, opened it, took a fair share and then shipped it out the next day it would be awesome. It also ain't gunna happen that way. People are people and ? happens.

Much shorter would be better.

All this is just my view/opinion/belief
I agree but not all of us can sit and just wait for a gold mine to pop up in the front yard...true? I know I got to work to keep my PAD and TAD wolve from howling.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Also 52 different people will mean 52 cellars will be dug into. Imagine how many different blends could be in there.
There will be an amazing assortment of blends. There are so many generous members here on the forum. Many, many of the blends will probably be aged with some years on them.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
I am looking forward to seeing the "contents" as a crypto-pipe smoker. The idea of possible Unicorn blends appearing is intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.