PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Good evening to all and hope the weekend went well. I would like to share a tip when you overdo it on the smoking and your taste buds are a bit burnt

had these over the last few days due to a little bit of smoking more than normal.

I use a mouth wash called biotene dry mouth oral rinse. After three rinses all felt much better and I was able to taste the tobacco again.
would welcome any other tips on this matter.

just wanted to share to all that may have this occur at times.

see Photo inserted

Attachments

• 6EB5B9A6-F71C-4235-A01B-152560CEEC4A.jpeg
    6EB5B9A6-F71C-4235-A01B-152560CEEC4A.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 7

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I have never used the Biotene, I brush my teeth and then give it a rinse with Scope mouthwash. Seems to help.
Maybe slow down your cadence and/or take a break for a day or two?
IMHO

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Good evening to all and hope the weekend went well. I would like to share a tip when you overdo it on the smoking and your taste buds are a bit burnt

had these over the last few days due to a little bit of smoking more than normal.

I use a mouth wash called biotene dry mouth oral rinse. After three rinses all felt much better and I was able to taste the tobacco again.
would welcome any other tips on this matter.

just wanted to share to all that may have this occur at times.

see Photo inserted
Biotene has been great, it helped my tongue bite heal faster and I also realize I didn't have to stop enjoying pipe tobacco with this on the shelf.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
What about abstinence? Turning it off makes turning it on later more pleasurable, and when your mouth is injured the best thing might to subtract that which caused the injury. More power to you if you like the healing effects of Biotine, but that's dodging, not addressing, the issue.

Reactions: logs and bryguysc

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Aloe Vera drink works great for tongue bite and it helps when you drop your donuts too.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Great tip, I didn't know about this. I don't quite get burned anymore, but if I smoke more then 3 bowls a day, especially if the last one is a strong Balkan, I can't taste the smoke anymore.