Enjoy Tobacco and Nicotine in Other Forms?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to dip, even chew, but I just don't get any joy out of it. I did really enjoy some homemade dip that Jitterbugdude sent me. Especially the orange flavored dip. I used to smoke cigarettes, 30+ year sentence, but I beat that wrap, and was released on good behavior. So, now it is just pipes and cigars.
I've tried snuff, but sneezing black snot all over the walls, my wife put her foot down. Plus, it just didn't make sense to me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I started early with pilfered cigarettes from my next-door buddy, from his dad's near-empty cartons. We'd put them in a red American Flyer wagon and tow them down to where they were building a new house, and get in the shade of a big bush and watch the builders at work, and puff away. I'd go home for supper turning a slow sickly chartreuse. Either my mom didn't notice or decided not to comment. My dad gave me a pinch of chaw now and then and that settled my yin for that, both the nic hit and the burn. Never smoked cigarettes much or at all, just when offered, and just one cigarette. I was never in a social situation where it was part of the camaraderie, though a good college buddy was a Lucky Strike chain smoker, who later quit. Though people thought he looked like the Marlborough Man, six-five, etc.

Reactions: BROBS and Gecko

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
snus is my staple nicotine. Then I smoke pipes as much as I can with in reason about 2 bowls a day plus a couple of tiny bowls in my mini metal blowfish and then a decent amount of nasal snuff mainly for medicinal reasons as it's the only thing that can keep my allergies in check. I'll smoke a cigar and enjoy it but not too into them. I buy maybe a few panatellas a year and will happily smoke a cigar if offered. I find cigars to be really very expensive when I enjoy pipes so much more.

Reactions: BROBS

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Do you guys find That Nasal snus can mess up the sense of smell / ability to taste pipes tobacco? Or is that not really an issue.

I don't use them at the same time, but I keep some snuff at my office and take a pinch when I feel like it. I don't use it every day or even every week, but sometimes I use it several times per day. I've not found it to negatively impact my pipe smoking at all. Of course, I just keep it as a way to get a little baccy when I don't have the time or inclination to smoke a pipe or a cigar.

I've tried to dip, even chew, but I just don't get any joy out of it. I did really enjoy some homemade dip that Jitterbugdude sent me. Especially the orange flavored dip. I used to smoke cigarettes, 30+ year sentence, but I beat that wrap, and was released on good behavior. So, now it is just pipes and cigars.
I've tried snuff, but sneezing black snot all over the walls, my wife put her foot down. Plus, it just didn't make sense to me.

I'm with you on all of that except the black wall snot. I like my snuff puffy

uprightman

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2019
Central Pennsylvania
Generally speaking I only partake of pipes and cigars, but I also have some nasal snuff around. I previously have smoked cigarette, hookah, and vaped, as well as dipped a tiny bit and used snus.

I enjoy tobacco and nicotine, but never have felt that I particularly need it. As a result I try to stick with just pipes and cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.