PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlockRoy

Lurker
Jan 20, 2021
Arroyo Grande, CA
Howdy Again. I'm new to this, so one post here to respond to responses, questions. Sorry, if there's a way to message individuals back again without posting to all - I can't see how to do that; appreciate all the greetings--local, in the US, and beyond! VERY NICE, including the clever or fun ID photos and comments. I'm in San Luis Obispo county, 90 minutes north of Santa Barbara, and there are no pipe clubs around here to my knowledge. We have a nice cigar bar in Pismo beach, where I have a locker full of pipe stuff rather than cigars (though no attendance for me until the virus dies down). I lived in the South Bay, San Jose and Morgan Hill, for 49 years, retired down here to be near my only grandson. My smoking pendulum swings back and forth from English blends all the way to cavendish and black cavendish (or similar) blends. I'm currently enjoying two tins of (Dunhill)-Peterson English blends (Standard and Nightcap, and I sure miss Frog Morton!), alternated at times with Escudo and Sutliff Stoved Virginia. The hybrid latakia and black cav blends are interesting, though I haven't found a go-to one yet--any recommendations? Cheers Lads...

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
My go to right now is Sutliff 504C Aromatic English, Lane's HGL is similar to this but not quite as good to my tastes. The Country Squire has a good number of aromatic English blends, though I can't comment on them just yet (have an order that's been stuck in the mail for over 50 days and no update ?). Other blends that come to mind are John Aylesbury: Black (previously Sillems), Two Friends' English Chocolate, Samuel Gawith's Perfection, and I've yet to try Sutliff SPS-17 lavish English.

Reactions: sherlockRoy
Status
Not open for further replies.