PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Gentlemen,
This coming Friday, the 12th, marks the end of my current college semester. I am sooo close to having my associate degree and being able to transfer out of the hell-hole of a school I'm at right now. This coming Winter semester I'll have but one class left; a statistic class, and then I'll be free to transfer to a big, beautiful university! I'm so excited! Today is the last day I go in until the new semester starts. I'll finish up an exam, turn a paper in, tell a past professor not to share my poetry with her class as a guide, and submit the necessary papers to get reimbursed for a class, the only class, that I've ever had to drop.
Before my exam today, when nobody is home, I'm going to drag a lawn chair into the garage and load up a bowl of Sutliff Private Stock Charlemagne. I'll pretend to be a king just like the man whose name is on the tin and let everything go for a while. The last couple semesters have been really hard with the adjunct professors I've been getting. Plus I can't wait to get back to studying things that I actually care about. Cheers to you gents that have braved academia before me and those who are braving it with me now. I'll raise my pipe later today in honor of the process.
Your pal,

Mephistopheles

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
Congratulations, I am at the end of my semester also and oddly enough I am currently in a statistics class.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Congratulations, mate. I am fortunate to have studied at two fine universities and it can be a tough go at times, I certainly had my moments of doubt and pain but it was worth every minute. I sincerely hope that you are admitted to the school of your choice.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm also at the end of another semester, only these days I'm busy grading the students. Whether a student or professor, campus life is a great privilege.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Hang in there! This is the last week of my last semester!

Once the crappy core classes are out of the way it becomes much easier to give a damn about what you are doing.

Cheers!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Cheers and congrats! Been a long time since I was in school but I remember enjoying it being finished. lol

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Cheers to that! I am currently smoking a bowl to celebrate the end of Patholgy! That class sucked but I learned a lot! Congratulations!

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Woooooo! It's done and over with! Only 1 more semester to go! Thank goodness.
I'm sure I aced my anthropology exam and I received 100% on my metallurgy paper so I'm satisfied with how things ended.
Thanks for all the congratulations, ladies & gents. It's like a weight has been pulled off my chest. Phew, today was probably the most relaxing smoke I've ever had.
Richard Gonzalez, that's weird! Like Yaddy306 said, "What's the probability of that?" Haha.
Toby67, I've been looking at Ivy League schools so the well-wishing is much appreciated! University of Pennsylvania has been spamming me with invitations but I've set my sights elsewhere.
BoilerMakerAndy, you went to Purdue didn't you? How'd you like it? What was the other school?
DottieWarden, what do you teach?
DarthCider, thanks! Much appreciated.
David555, you are sooo right.
BlueEyedOgre, I'm sure! I can't wait!
Yaddy306, strange isn't it?
Minfarshaw, what are you smoking to celebrate?

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I was smoking a bowl to celebrate the end of my Pathology final exam. The review was a week and a half long so it was such a relief when I finished. I think I did well. One down, two more finals to go.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
BoilerMakerAndy, you went to Purdue didn't you? How'd you like it? What was the other school?
I sure did, spent 5 years there and loved every minute, the first two years as a mechanical engineering major then transferred into the Krannert School and finished up in finance. I am still very involved with the University doing academic recruiting, mentoring student teams, etc. I did my master's at Wake Forest in the mid-90s. Smaller and very different from Purdue but a great experience as well.
Again, congratulations on a great achievement!

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Congratulations all. I found that with each degree and greater specialization the work seemed to get easier, probably because I was more involved. It's good to hear of your successes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Getting through the academic obstacle course is one of the great experiences life has to offer. You'll never

have the time again to focus so intensely on developing your knowledge and capabilities. It may seem like

a muddy trudge right now, but you'll look back on these times as golden. Congratulations on seeing it through

and looking forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.