PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
A couple of notes on the review. Peterson pipes and Peterson tobaccos are not the same company. STG owns the rights to the Peterson name for tobaccos. When they couldn't get BAT to agree to license the rights to the Dunhill name, STG reassigned the blends to the Peterson marque for the reboot. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that the label looks like the Dunhill labeling, STG bought the blend names and label art from BAT. BTW, Dunhill hasn't made tobacco since around 1980.
You're buying a clone. If you like the clone, excellent. My clonal preference is Sutliff Match Victoria, which is modeled after and pretty close to, the Murray's version of Elizabethan Mixture, the original Dunhill authorized clone.
Before I forget, allow me to add this bit of crucial information. Dunhill never made Navy Rolls. They were created by Murray's. Ok, I think I've covered everything.

Now for the review part:
Sutliff Match Victoria: It's good. Smoke it.

Thank you.
Thanks for the background information re: Elizebethan clones, etc.

I never smoked the original, Dunhill/Murray versions, but I do happen to use Sutliff's match-Victoria/Elizabethan as a minor component in one of my own concocted, personal-mixtures -which also includes some cigar-leaf. Maybe I'll try smoking some Elizabethan, straight. Yeah...I think I will!

TimeKiller

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Texas
Well, reading through this thread, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I still have some I keep trying to like it every once in a while but never do. Bleah! I'm really shocked it's so widely loved.

Maybe it's one of those genetic things that hit some people the right way like durian fruit. I dunno but I think that if I started on Elizabethan, I probably would have thrown my pipes in the trash and taken up crack or something.

Neat tin art though. ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.