PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I definitely pick up a sweet topping, its almost more of an aromatic than a traditional vaper. Did the Murray's version have a topping also?
Supposedly Orlik Golden Sliced has an Apricot topping. To me it’s a bergamot. If as Chasing Embers says, it’s apricot, then I like Danish apricot better than Queen Elizabeth’s Apricot. She grows Apri-Shit.

Reactions: dcon

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
You are indeed. I've only ever said that about Dunbar and Elizabethan.

Only my tongue and nose. The Murray's and Match versions don't have it.
Typical, the damn Archetypal Murray’s didn’t. Why the hell do we smoke these DunShmendricks?

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I enjoy the sutliff match a lot. It is pretty much a daily smoker for me but I prefer the dunhill peterson version. Either way you can't go wrong, both are solid blends

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Not my total imagination then. ?. I don’t taste it in Dunbar either. I believe that perdurabo is on the right track. One man’s apricot is another man‘s bergamot. I agree, Embers, that the Murray’s and Match are/were without it and preferable.

JohnnyAZ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2019
I think it's a great blend and love the taste. Have several Dunhill EM's and was going to pad the cellar with some of the new Peterson blend but it's sold out almost everywhere. Guess a lot of folks are stocking up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.