PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
All these new releases - What do you make of this one - looks interesting but a bit 'much' a little gaudy in constituents?
Surprised Jiminks didn't get a sample to review of this one
Strange name too

Reactions: uprightman

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
All these new releases - What do you make of this one - looks interesting but a bit 'much' a little gaudy in constituents?
Strange name too
Doesn't look substantially different from many burley blends I already have. The limited release makes it that much more unattractive. After C&D renamed one of their regular blends and called it a limited release for one of the pipe shows, no eyebrows raised here.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I'm not a burley person, but I was a little confused on the components. Based on the name, I'd have figured it would have been more of a straight burley blend. Kind of Like Carolina Red Flake being Carolina Virginias. That was an odd branding.
Yes it’s a strange thing, but who knows could be good.still undecided. Probably be snatched up by the Japanese market

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Doesn't look substantially different from many burley blends I already have. The limited release makes it that much more unattractive. After C&D renamed one of their regular blends and called it a limited release for one of the pipe shows, no eyebrows raised here.
wait what one and excuse my suspicion too since there are so many blend x is really just the secret affordable version of blend y that I keep hearing.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Sounds good to me. Makes me wish I had some more spending money at the moment. Seems pretty straightforward and like an ambassador blend. An intro to burly being more then people think of it being. In fact you'll still run into people who compare burly to robusto beans.
I love robusto on its own, but yes burley gets second wheel , I think those will never understand nor like burley

Reactions: anotherbob

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I once asked SP about their practice of showing you a greater price but selling it for less. My question was why even list the greater price when the item is going to be sold for less. Of course to make you think you're getting a deal. But you aren't, you're going to be charged in line with their profit margin. When I said this they said everyone does that.

But why engage in this kind of sales optical illusion? Why justify it? And I've caught them in worse.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
I've been trying to make myself a similar blend of VA/Bur/Or actually, so this sounds really really interesting. I'll definitely be picking some up, albeit with cautious optimism.

Wish I could get a heads up review before it drops...

I plan on skipping all the other annual C&D limited batch stuff unless something new comes out that really really strikes my fancy.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Strange name too
I didn't even know about it until now. Guess I'll miss this one. Companies are under no obligation to send me a tin of tobacco for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.