PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
This has to be made with freshly rendered lard or not at all. Definitely not store bought.
A raw egg at the bottom of a bowl, freshly cooked steamed rice straight out of the pot over the egg.
Drizzle a couple of dessertspoons of fresh lard, then copious white pepper and a sprinkling of a good quality soy sauce.
If you want more umami, then substitute a teaspoon of Bovril or Bonox (thick, treacly beef extract) for the soy sauce
Mix thoroughly for a taste of heaven
As a kid my grandmother would make this for me when I was recovering from an illness.
Brings back memories.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I alternate between fried, scrambled, and a quick stir fry style of cooking at high temp with butter for my lunch.

On weekends shallow fried in olive oil, with bread (cooked the same).

99% of the time I have 3 to 4 eggs a day plus cooking the kids and missus one each on my lunch break.

Haven’t poached or boiled in a long time.. just can’t deal with the smell of boiled eggs, poached I’m lousy at and can’t be bothered to be honest.

Aahhh .. and then there is steak and eggs, if I’m having a steak there’s going to be at least 2 fried on top with runny yolk.

Does anybody know of any egg forums?

Asking for a friend…

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Supposedly, according to foodies, a French chef's hat has 100 pleats in it to represent all the ways you can cook an egg. I prefer over easy, then scrambled, then fritata, then omelet, then so forth and so on. I prepared some once that were called Scotch eggs: take a boiled egg (either soft or hard boiled), wrap them in sausage and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Supposedly, according to foodies, a French chef's hat has 100 pleats in it to represent all the ways you can cook an egg. I prefer over easy, then scrambled, then fritata, then omelet, then so forth and so on. I prepared some once that were called Scotch eggs: take a boiled egg (either soft or hard boiled), wrap them in sausage and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
I love scotch eggs and call them dinosaur eggs when made at home (they are the size of softballs). Served with a pub style mustard and it's a great meal/snack.

Reactions: Brendan and kcghost

Inspired Idler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Denver, CO
I'd have to choose plain old scrambled...with ketchup. I always get a good laugh out of the ketchup on eggs debate. To some it's revolting, to others it is divine. Kinda like pineapple on pizza but I digress...

Reactions: JOHN72 and Brendan

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I'd have to choose plain old scrambled...with ketchup. I always get a good laugh out of the ketchup on eggs debate. To some it's revolting, to others it is divine. Kinda like pineapple on pizza but I digress...
LOL, only mustard on scrambled eggs. Ketchup on fried or poached. Omelettes could be mustard or salsa or hot sauce, whatever the innards dictate!

The only thing "runny" should be the condiments!