Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in 1.5 oz Tins!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
@jiminks: Thank you, thank you, thank you for turning me toward EGR. I tried it and love it! It just hit the spot for me. I'm not usually an aro kind of guy (in my college days it was Sail Green and SWR), but this was just wonderful. I don't know what the casing is, but I like it.
I will definitely get the tins and cellar them a bit.
And, btw, I also experimented a little with EGR for a road trip I had to take this morning. Mixed 60 percent EGR with 40 percent Carter Hall. My goodness is that delicious, IMHO.
I'm calling the creation the JRS Blend. That stands for Jim, Roth and Sheby (Foote). Don't know if Shelby mixed CH with his EGR or not, but I've read here he mixed something with it. Probably PA (also, when the great Southern writer William Faulkner died, they found a tin of PA in his tweed jacket. Mr. Faulkner was a real favorite of Shelby's).
And Roth was right, for me at least, that CH adds to rather than takes away from.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the EGR straight as well. It took me a couple of bowls to get the true hang of it, but after that, I couldn't get enough.
So, here's to jiminks, EGR and JRS.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Tennsmoker: I'm happy you liked the EGR. I am honored to be part of JRS, along with Shelby Foote and Rothnh (who's a good guy and a credit to the pipe smoking world).
If you're so inclined, perhaps you'll e-mail the company and let them now how much you like the blend. It'll mean something to them to know how we feel. Positive encouragement is always important. Thanks to people in these forums, Sutliff's going to keep EGR around, and make it in a more affordable format so we'll be able to have it to smoke for a long time.
I see three people who tried and liked it wrote positive reviews at TobaccoReviews.com That helps, too.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
You guys are torturing me. Now I find out that it blends really well with CH as well? I think I'm sold. I'll probably end up blindly ordering a tub for my TAD at the end of the month. I did use the contact form on the Sutliff website to let them know I'd like them e-mail me when it available in the tin and that I can't wait to try it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Mmjk: I don't know when the 1.5 oz. tin is coming out, but I'll bet it won't be too long from now, judging by how fast Sutliff has moved on this. EGR is available at Mars Cigars and Iwan Reis. There may be other places, too.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
While there is no release date for EGR in the smaller tins, Smoking Pipes has the tubs back in stock for those who have missed out.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Just got a sample of EGR from SUTLIFF(thank you SUTLIFF and jiminks),in a nice 1.5oz pouch. Going to give it a taste tomorrow, and if it's all good will order a tub. Can not say enough good things about SUTLIFF for their kindness and genuine concern for the pipe smoking community!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.