Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Edward's Pipe & Tobacco has been around for nearly 50 years and they are one of the most well-known tobacconists. I paid my second visit to them the other day and bought a hand made pipe made of Algerian briar, which are hard to find these days.
Read about one of the most experienced and friendliest tobacco shops in the US and see the exclusive beautiful pipes they sell:
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-manufacturer-retailer-spotlight/edwards-pipe-tobacco-tampa-fl

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Just phoned the shop--there's really nothing on the web site, and they say it's under construction--looking ahead about 2 months to have it up and running. They stopped their catalog in 2003--it was a beauty and I still have a few of them in my collection. They used to ship to me while I was in Vietnam. The chap I spoke to was a relatively new hire and not particularly knowledgeable, though he was especially nice, and willing to tell me about all the merchandise carried in the shop--though that's a bit less helpful than browsing a web site.

Let's hope they get their online catalog up real soon.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Yep. Great pipes.

I remember getting their catalogue too. It was so much fun to look through. I wish they still made one, but I understand that, like so many things, with the internet it's probably a waste of money.

I have a few Edward's pipes. I found a great stock of them in the cigar shop in Fredericksburg Va. last year. I emailed them and asked them how can they have such a great supply of Algerian brair, because they have been claiming that they use that type briar for over 60 years. I was informed that they have enough to last for another 60 years.

The ones I have are favorites, and they are so reasonably priced.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
McCranie's in Charlotte, NC was originally and Edwards store 30 years ago. www.mccranies.com check out their line of Dr. Mac pipes...........

bahnzo

Lurker
Jan 19, 2011
I've been to the location in Ft. Collins Colorado. It's nowhere near the one you visited. It's geared mostly towards the cigar smoker, and has a small selection of tobacco and pipes. Friendly people, but not very knowledgeable about pipes.

charger186

Lurker
Feb 5, 2011
Kevin, I just came across your article about Edwards of Tampa and really enjoyed it. In the mid 70's I lived in that store. A very good friend of mine was mixing the tobacco back then, he went by the name of Red. He has since past away. I use to sit at the counter and smoke plain Latakia and drink coffee. That was my home away from home. The pictures brought back a lot of memories and from the looks of it the store has not changed much. Is the picture still over the door as you leave? I will go back to your article from time to time to renew old memories, Thanks.

donaldgelinas

Lurker
Apr 4, 2011
Kevin, I live only 40 miles from Edward's I believe there is one also in Lakeland, Fl . I just moved to florida and will have to make a visit.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Great shop, I bought a Smitty there last year.
Smittys1.jpg

pauls

Lurker
Mar 22, 2011
We have an Edwards shop here in Denver that is well focused on both the cigar and pipe smoker. They other many pipes for sale but as far as the Edwards line they only have a few estate pipes. I came accross a very nice freehand that reminds me of a Preben Holm Hallmark H-1, they are very similar in looks and I will try to post a picture soon.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
I also had one of there catalogs. I bought there before they remodel the back. There was a

tall guy there and when you smoke a cigar he ask if you wanted dipped in Brandy (?).

I Grew some Indian Tobacco-- For some reason you could not buy regular tobacco--- tried drying but a lot

mildewed > Gave a good leaf to them and they displayed it on the back wall. Now the Humidor is there.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.