Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
On my way to
Edward’s Pipe & Tobacco Shop

3441 S Broadway,

Englewood, CO 80113
In Colorado for my monthly business trip. Will report back on my findings. Looks real good on paper. We shall see.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jacks', does this shop have anything to do with the organization that used to make Benton pipes? Perhaps they were in Florida and/or Texas? I thought they were Edwards Pipe and Tobacco, but maybe I'm confusing it with another group, or one with the same name. As near as I can tell, Benton pipes aren't being made now.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Here is the "Rest of the Story"

Went to Colorado/Denver for business for a week, and just made it back from a two week visit to California.

I will make it a point to visit Edward’s Pipe & Tobacco Shop every time I make it to Denver. Their house pipes are made by Briar Works, and I picked up a beautiful smooth Zulu covered in Bird's Eye, a new favorite pipe for only $95.00. Spent an hour or more talking to the owner, and about 4 more hours in the indoor smoking lounge. Got a tin of McClelland No. 24 Virginia, a jar of Briar Works Back Down South, and a tin of Germain's Special Latakia Flake. I only cracked open the No. 24 and also smoked from their open stash and house blend jars. They have a lot of really good blends to try out. I will make a stop in Edwards every time I make it to Denver. Their description on their web site is spot on and not exaggerated in any way:
Something for Every Smoker

More Than 1000 Cigars Edwards Pipe & Tobacco Shop in Englewood, Colorado offers an extensive selection of tobacco products and accessories for all types of smokers. With more than 1,000 different cigars to meet your needs, there is something for the novice as well as the cigar aficionado.
We have all kinds of cigar accessories including cutters, punches, ashtrays, and cigar tubes and we offer the largest selection of fine pipes in Colorado. If that isn’t enough, we also have the largest walk-in humidor in the Denver metro area. You can try any pipe tobacco you like from the many jars of free samples we have to offer.
Atmosphere & Amenities
We not only have an enormous inventory of products, but we also offer a very unique atmosphere. With original hardwood floors, high tin ceilings and antiques, you’ll feel as though you went back in time in our cigar shop.
We have low prices and friendly service. We are licensed, insured and very accessible, with plenty of free parking. We also host a number of events throughout the year, so drop in and see what’s coming up.
Smoking Lounges
You can smoke in a friendly atmosphere in one of our comfortable smoking lounges. In our laid-back, old-fashioned smoking rooms you can relax and unwind, chat about cigars or hang out with friends and other customers. We have free wifi, a flat-screen TV, and a collection of vintage posters, antiques and tins. We also have an outdoor patio out back for the warmer months.

http://edwardspipeandtobacco.com/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh boy, that Briar Works zulu with birdseye for $95 sounds just right. Mighty fine. Sounds like a classic pipe shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.