PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I want to stop smoking all day and night in the house. Anybody ever try an E-cig that has a pipe tobacco taste? What kind & where do you get them if you have? Thanks in advance.

Jan 8, 2013
I vape to get away from the cigarettes too, and although I've seen flavors like cavendish and perique, I've not personally tried any. Keep in mind that most people who make these flavors have probably never tried any pipe tobacco, so no telling what it actually tastes like. I would assume flavors like cavendish would probably be a base tobacco flavor with a bit of vanilla thrown in for good measure.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
Google "pipe tobacco e juice" and you'll get some hits. If you try one and it's actually any good, let us know. I suspect any attempt at e-pipe-tobacco would be fairly awful - it's hard enough for the juice blenders to get a realistic cigarette tobacco flavor, and that's both less nuanced and much more financially rewarding for them to get right. I switched to ecigs several months back to stop smoking cigarettes - it's worked well and I'm thankful for it, but the tobacco juice flavors are a far cry from the real thing flavor-wise.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
instymp, I can probably help you out there. I have not found many with 'true' taste. It seems 'tobacco' and 'coffee' flavors are the hardest flavors to duplicate. I have started DIY my own e-juices. I hope to have my line available for retail sale in the spring of 2015. My main line will be of course 'pipe tobacco flavors'. My 'Pipe Tobacco' line will be made using pre-steeped 'real' extracted pipe tobacco blends found on the market today. I will be using a 30 day steeping process using these popular blends in PG solution. (USD Cert. Food Grade Kosher Propylene Glyco)
You might look into e-juices being offered now with names such as 555, RY4, Black Honey, Cubano, M Type, Black Mile Plus, Cowboy, Western. A personal favorite of mine is from Alien Vision and it's called Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice. Halo makes fairly good tobacco flavors e-juices. One of my favorites is from a company called 'The Cellar'. They are using real 'steeped' tobaccos in their e-liquids. Chivalry is a very nice juice from them. Here's the description.
Chivalry is a hardcore, naturally steeped/extracted tobacco e-liquid, matured for a minimum of thirty days inside Scottish whiskey barrels. The aging process draws smoky peat wood and strong whiskey flavors and aromas into the e-liquid. The barrel aging also polishes and filters the juice, offering an extremely realistic tobacco vaping experience.
Please note that no flavors have been added to this product to enhance the taste. It is a pure liquid tobacco extract, designed for experienced vapers who also happen to be whiskey and tobacco connoisseurs.
The Cellar works hard to ensure that all of their tobaccos used in the flavor extraction process are naturally cultivated and free of any pesticides. They use respected suppliers that share their commitment to natural products and are against any form of child labor in the cultivation and production of their tobaccos.

crimsonrat

Might Stick Around
Jun 3, 2014
I've tried the perique and latakia from these guys: http://www.vapingwatch.com/ and was not super impressed. The perique honestly didn't have a whole lot of flavor and the lat gets old really quickly. I guess trying condiment tobaccos as a straight flavor may not have been the best idea. There's a guy at one time that was working on some on the electronic cigarette sub on Reddit, but I never heard back from him.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks. I called a couple here in town & they told me that if I were a pipe smoker I wouldn't really like anything they sold. I appreciated the honesty but maybe I will give the above recommended a try. Or maybe find a better large room filter. Wife doesn't say a word, but since she quit, feeling guilty about cigars & pipes daily, turning everything a beautiful patina!

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Durham +1 On Boba's Bounty. Its a good one.
I think it's one of the first e juices to come out after e-cigs were marketed. It's been around a long time. The Gorilla Juice is about the same with added Banana flavor.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
If some juice guru managed to capture the taste of a pipe tobacco blend in an e-juice the experience of enjoying will be a lot different than what we normally see with our pipes. E-cig vapor is intended to be inhaled whereas pipe tobacco smoke is not and there's the plain crux of it. I've tried a number of times to merely hold e-cig vapor in my mouth and I've yet to notice any nicotine effect from that method. I'm not sure why this is so, the pH of the fluids used may be different enough in the juices that absorbing nic through one's oral tissues is not very efficient. For whatever the reasons e-juice vapor must be inhaled to work properly, for me at least, and therefore duplicating the traditional experience of a pipe will be very elusive even in the unlikely event the taste of a pipe blend could be accurately duplicated.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Point being, I am not trying to replace my pipe smoking at all, just e-juices to supplement when I can't smoke the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.