PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I don't have any plans for a club but am looking for other smokers in the area. I'm in Martinsburg, WV and work in Hagerstown, MD. Plenty of stores selling good baccy in the area. But I have yet to see any other pipers, even in the shops. Anyone on here from near there?

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
My father's family roots are centered in Morgantown. Beautiful piece of the country. Good luck in your search.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Josh, you are not too far from me I live in Winchester. Need to get together sometime.

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
I feel the same way but im alittle farther south than you. Im in huntington and we really only have one good baccy store down here. Other than my dad ive yet to pay eyes on another pipe smoker.

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
Youll have to let me know if u do, i had a small success in converting one of my friends over to pipes this week haha.

Mar 2, 2010
WV
a few more pipe smokers from the mountain state! Wolfie, I'm a little closer to you then everyone else. Ever been to the Tobacco Warehouse in Cross Lanes? We gather there on the second tuesday of each month 6-8 pm. Next meeting will be Dec. 11.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hey, I'm in, living in Williamsport MD, just across the river.

Can you post the Cross Lanes meeting place?
I have a garage large enough for a group to enjoy. Anyone up for a Saturday morning or weeknight gathering one evening?

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Hey Al, I would be game to meet at JB's or even at the house I have a large garage and a Bar room that is just reserved for smoking, its still a work in progress but the pool table, dart board are in and the fridge always has beer and wine. Just let me know. :puffy:

joshwolftree

you have a Bar Room,for pipe smoking? dang I gotta buy me a house one of these days. I just smoke in the living room of the apt. Though I do make some good home brew wines and meades. I guess I'll have to help you stock the bar up :lol:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That sounds wonderful Yuri. Your indoor digs sounds a little more inviting than mine. Just picked a date, I'm in!
I have a large, covered patio, so I'll do the warm weather events.
It sure would be nice to meet another local pipe enthusiast.

joshwolftree

I'm all about a meetup in Winchester sometime, okay whose good at planning cause I'm about as organized as a sock drawer fired out of a cannon

I'll bring some home brew I think I've got a bottle of Rhubarb and berry wine left, and maybe a few of peach meade :)

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Hey Guys I am game to do this at the casa, I am flexible with the day's, I think it best that it tends towards the end of the week or on a weekend day, jsut because if the night get's long, no one has to worry to much about making it to work the next day. Just let me know and we can set something up, either the end of this month or early December.
@ Josh, yeah a Bar Room, the wife and I quit smoking in the house years ago and before buying this house we were always foced outside no matter the weather, this place has a old carport that was converted into a room when the garage was added on, so I made it the Bar/Smoking room, where stories and lies are told, and all around good times are had.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'll be coming back from Alexandria VA on 11/28, this Wednesday evening. J. B. Hayes is open until 9 PM. Anyone up for an impromtu gathering that evening?

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I like seeing pipe-smokers in WV! I've met one so far in Charleston.
I am close to you, Wolfie (I'm exactly halfway between Huntington and Charleston.) Fontaines is a cool shop, but I wish they had more pipe tobacco. The Squire in Charleston is great, I will have to check out the Cross lanes shop, that's on my way home every day.

Mar 2, 2010
WV
Gray, sounds as if you're in the Milton-Hurricane-Teays Valley area too. Our next club meeting will be on December 11th from 6-8pm at Tobacco Warehouse in Cross Lanes, WV. Hope to see you guys there. Bring some zip lock baggies, I usually bring some stuff for everyone to try out. No obligation to join, just come and hang out and smoke a few bowls.

Mar 2, 2010
WV
Just wanted to post a reminder to anyone interested in joining us at Tobacco Warehouse tomorrow night for our pipe club meeting. It runs from 6-8 pm at 919 Cross Lanes Drive, Cross Lanes WV. If you have any questions just send me a message. Hope to see y'all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.